Motion rule not working

So today I updated to 118. And my most solid and functional device stopped working.
I've rebuilt the group. Rebuilt the rule. Made a RM out it. and HE lies about in the log file.

The rule is on Motion turn on the kitchen sink. It was a Motion and Mode Lighting Apps rule I created about a year ago.
The log says the light is on. it's not. I tell Alexa to turn it on. she does. I turn on the group from the dashboard, it goes on. But the motion rule says it turns it on but it doesn't.
These are a group of 2 bulbs - Dimmable only. they do not do Colortemp or anything. They go on. they go off. There is nothing wrong with the bulbs, and nothing wrong with anything I can see - it must be a newly induced bug in dimmer bulbs inside RM and the Motion & Lighting Apps.
Going back to 116.

so. solved my own problem. Going back to 116 - Previously I had no metering on this device (2 bulbs in a group).
Re-installing 118 brought the fault back. I enabled metering to 250. It worked Setting to 120 worked. setting to 100 didn't. I put it at 150. while at first glance you'd think - hey great, HE is faster now! I submit I won't be the only one who stumbles.

I updated my hub last night to the newest hotfix. When I came downstairs to leave for work this morning, my motion lighting rule worked just fine.

Computers are incapable of lying btw :roll_eyes:. Just ask Rick Deckard.

so true. I tell clients that all the time - then I finish with "it's the programmers behind the computer".

@jshimota @marktheknife

1 Like

just for clarification - my only motion and lighting rule (there are 8) that had this failure was this singular rule. All others functioned as expected.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.