Motion lighting not working as expected with seperate off switch

I have motion lighting in my bathroom. I have set it so that after 10 minutes of inactivity it should turn off the lights. The lights are controlled via Hue and I have a Hue remote outside the door as well where the lights can be turned off.

This is where the problem comes in, when the lights are turned off via the remote, it seems that Motion Lighting will not turn off/cancel correctly and thus it thinks the lights are still on and will not react to a new motion event by turning on the lights.

I have had this setup for a while now, and in my memory this used to work well, but then after an update it didn´t, although I could be biased by the fact that I saw the following note in the 2.3.3.133 FW release:

Could it be that there is still a lingering bug related to this, or am I doing something incorrectly? Any thoughts or ideas?

Here is a log review of a rule run:

1 Like

Well, to begin with, you mention both Motion Lighting and Room Lighting, which are separate apps. Which are you using?

If Room Lighting, I would suggest trying the "Activate even if already partially activated" option, so that each new trigger will turn the lights back on.

Thank you very much for this suggestion. It seems that this does indeed solve my problem :slight_smile:

While I do think it used to work before a certain FW version, I cannot be sure, but at least it is working now.

Åææ+

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.