Motion Lighting Button to Disable

I have a motion lighting rule that turns off lights after a period of no activity on several motion sensors. It works fine.

I would like to press a button on a Pico remote that would prevent the lights from turning off.

If Motion Lighting can handle this, which of the options below do I choose? Is it the "Buttons to enable turning on/off"?

You are in the wrong section. You want the next one down.

Options for Additional Sensors, Lights-Off and Off options

So I followed your direction and set "Button to disable off" to work with my Pico. It works as expected to disable my lights from turning off.

But when I want the automation to start working again (when I want the lights to once again turn off when motion stops), where is the setting for that? I guess I'm looking for a setting something like "Button to enable off."

Did you ever get this working. I'm trying to do the same thing.

However, I think I'd like to also have a rule to reset/re-enable the no motion off if it's been disabled for xx minutes. My use case is working in the garage I don't want the light turning off, but if no motion is detected for say, 2 hours, then go back to motion lighting.

I'm thinking there's going to have to be some RM work done for that...

I've tried the 2 most popular presence apps and they don't seem to work reliably for me.

I have sort of a similar issue, but perhaps even more basic -- does any of you know what I am doing wrong...?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.