Most Popular Water Sensor elevated by Hubitat in 2021

The second from last "Year in Review" category features most popular water sensors that work with Hubitat Elevation. Vote now, for your favorite device.

If your favorite device is not on the list, then select "Other" and drop a comment below, to share which device is your favorite.

• Aeotec SmartThings Water Leak Sensor (Zigbee)
  • Fibaro Flood Sensor ZW5 (Z-Wave)
  • Zooz 700 Series Water Leak XS Sensor ZSE42 (Z-Wave)
  • Aeotec Water Sensor 7 Pro (Z-Wave)
  • Sinopé Smart water leak detector – 2nd gen (Zigbee)
  • Other (add comment below)

0 voters

*for a complete list of compatible locks, check out the "List of Compatible Devices ". Our engineers have tested 27 different models (see Water Sensor under "Device Type" column).

1 Like

I have about a dozen older Aeon Labs leaks sensors. They are still going strong after ~8-9 years.

2 Likes

I have around 20 SmartThings leak sensors, ones made by Centralite without the probes on top. They have been going strong for almost 3 years and batteries last over a year.

5 Likes

Other: Dome... It's slick, fast and has an extension. One of them even watches the salt level in my water softner...

3 Likes

I have about 8 of the old Iris v2 3315-L Zigbee leaks sensors (made by Centralite) that have been working great for a few years now. Battery life is very good as well.

3 Likes

I’ve never had a problem with any of my leak sensors.

• I have two Xiaomi Aqara leak sensors, and despite every other Xiaomi device eventually dropping off when joined directly to HE, these never have. Completely sealed, which is great for longevity, but they have no onboard audio or visual indicators when a leak is detected. Battery life is around 2-3 years.

• I have two LeakSmart sensors, and these have to be my favorites. Shortest battery life at around a year, but they use 3 AAA batteries, so replacements are easy to come by. Like most devices, they don’t have accurate battery reporting in the hub, but they beep when they are getting low. They have a light on them that flashes and they beep continuously when there’s a leak detected. They have a sealed battery compartment, so after a leak, they are not destroyed by the event.

• I have one IRIS (Centralite) leak detector, but it was the most expensive of the bunch, uses the most expensive battery (CR2), and has no onboard audio or visual indicators. But, it’s never failed me. Battery life has been around 2 years.

• Not directly compatible without an Insteon hub and node.js apps, but like all my Insteon devices, their leak sensor are no exception to the rule and have proven reliability. It has no onboard audio indicator, but a light flashes when a leak is detected. Battery life has been around 3 years.

Older Smartthings with the top probes are excellent. I also have a Dome water sensor which is excellent. Both of these have terrific battery life, and work good and don't drop of the network. I think it comes down to whether you want Zigbee or Zwave with these two.

2 Likes

I like my Utilitechs. I have a bunch of them. Don't report on battery strength too much though. Cheap batteries, lasting a long time. Have a 10' cord. Not ugly.

1 Like

My setup consists of 5 SmartThings water sensors with the top probes. They have worked well and saved my basement from a leaking water heater a few months back. More recently, I acquired a set of 4 ADT Samsung water sensors. Since I haven't had them long enough, I'll reserve judgement until next year. They do seem well made though.

1 Like

Thank you everyone for your participation. This thread will now be closed, but don't forget to vote for the Product of the Year Elevated by Hubitat in 2021, before January 14th 2022:

Product of the Year Elevated by Hubitat in 2021