Most Popular Smart Light Strip elevated by Hubitat in 2021

A "Year in Review " series continues with Most Popular Smart Light Strips that work with Hubitat Elevation. Please vote for your favorite device.

If your favorite device is not on the list, then select "Other" and drop a comment below, to share which device is your favorite.

• LIFX Lightstrip Color Zones (Integration)
  • Philips Hue Lightstrip Plus (Zigbee/Integration)
  • Sengled Smart LED Multicolor Light Strip (Zigbee)
  • Sylvania Smart+ Full Color Flex Strip (Zigbee)
  • Other (comment below)

0 voters

*for other compatible light strips, check out the "List of Compatible Devices " (see "Bulb" under "Device Type" column).

I had to go other here because I purchased the light strips on a roll from Alibaba and used a Zigbee plugin switch to turn them off and on. The programming was done though a RGB controller and it was preset. The wife never did like them. I tried in the Kitchen for under cabinet, around baseboards etc. They are now delegated into lighting up the pantry when the door opens.

I am very happy with the Inovelli Red Series Smart LED Strip

5 Likes

The Inovelli Red Series Smart LED Strip is a great product, unfortunately it has been discontinued before our engineers had a chance to fully develop/test the driver, so is not on the "List of Compatible Devices "

picked "other"
this might sound picky but its really the controller rather than the light strip ?
i would NEVER touch philips hue with there price point but would happliy use a good zigbee controller that worked with the hue app along with a good led light strip

Interesting.. it still shows for sale on their web site (i looked it up prior to posting to insure I had the name right) but after searching on their community I found the post where it says they are discontinued.. hopefully that is somewhat temporary due to supply chain issues..
I guess I should pick up a spare while I can, just in case.

2 Likes

I'm with @ronv42 because I have more than a few of the various ZWave RGBW controllers around the house. I have multiple of each: Qubino, Zooz and Fibaro. They are all the same to me, although I understand there's a long list of Bumps for one of the drivers related to the builtin special effects. I never use special effects so I can't even pretend to know what to use them for. They strike me as "advertising" in the same way some kids toys can be put into Demo mode.

I have RGB as well as RGBW strips wired into these RGBW controllers and as mentioned, they work quite well, including one of them is outside under an eave, but basically just dangling, so I must give that Qubino some extra thumbs up.

2 Likes

I like the Gledopto controllers paired with a cheap light strip. They work fine, pair easily, and they seem to be good repeaters for Zigbee.

1 Like

For non-RGB (e.g. Warm-white only) it's the IKEA Trådfri LED drivers paired with inexpensive 24v warm-white LED strips from Amazon. This isn't 100% reliable when joined to a Hue bridge and used through the HE/Hue integration. However, when the Trådfri LED drivers are joined directly to the HE hub, they are rock solid, really cost effective and simple to install/setup.

For color LED strips, I like the Hue strips connected through the HE/Hue Integration. Their CRI is best I've seen.

I have 37 of the TP Link KL430's. I know that's unpopular but that was an upgrade from the 25 nexlux/magic home led strips I had. I had already started the transition in lightstrips before I came to HE. Now they've come down even further in price and they're a good value.

The user built app for HE has been very solid. I have over 150 connected TP link devices.

1 Like

For dumb led strips Gledopto and your choice of strip is excellent.
WLED on an esp 32 is the only way to go if installing smart LED strips.

2 Likes

Flexfire architectural series strips with Lutron dimmers are pretty awesome.

Probably a good idea. I purchased a few extra strips and accessories when I got mine.

RGBGenie with whatever light strips you want.
BTF-Lighting or Alitove are two.
It's the RGBGenie thing that really makes it.

Thank you everyone for your participation. This thread will now be closed, but don't forget to vote for the Product of the Year Elevated by Hubitat in 2021, before January 14th 2022:

Product of the Year Elevated by Hubitat in 2021