Morning automation

I already have open weathermap but can't see anyway I can't get weather notification to the speakers,

I got all the apps and oaths updated, but can't see Sonos on there =(

What attributes are you showing on your openweather virtual device? Also have you added the Sonos integration to your hubitat?

I think I have ticked every switch I could

No attributes. Same page, at top (should be under current states)

I assume you installed:

And none of your Sonos devices showed up. Darn I was hoping that Sonos would have native Alexa support.

Sonos does have a Alexa skill but I hadn't downloaded it as i worry about security and have heard that it can be bad for cameras so me in my tin foil hat was worried that it could make it possible to spy on me lol

1 Like

Use weather summary as the attribute for the announcement. Create a variable, pass the attribute to the variable and then use that in your notification passing %variablename% to the announcement to sonos. "Good morning! The weather for today is %variablename%" or " The temperature is %temperature% and %weather%"

2 Likes

sorry I I sound stupid but I have never explored this button before, is it supposed to look something like this

is this looking right?

Create one variable per attribute and name the variable what ever you want. The. You will have to write and RM rule to populate that particular variable with the attribute of your choice.

@aaiyar or @bertabcd1234 am I explaining that right?

2 Likes

something like that?

1 Like

getting closer

1 Like

these variables you have started teaching me sound very exciting, I guess almost everything is possible with this. I will keep playing, sick in bed with covid at the moment. so have some spare time when I can keep myself awake. When and if I can tidy this up to look and sound better I think a automation to say hello when entering might be cool, I bet it can be done so it recognises different people as long as they our in the Hubitat home

2 Likes

I've had Covid and it sucks (aside from being vaxxed and boosted, I was on Pavlovix and it still sucked) Feel better! Ask questions! Far more knowledgeable people in here than I can help you complete this! Ask lots and lots of questions! Oh and think about getting a Weatherflow Tempest :wink:

2 Likes

would you mind helping me with another Automation please, just say how many beer you need

What are you trying to do?

You can do this with the Multi-Place app

From the description:
Automate based on current traffic conditions.
Before you typically leave for a certain destination, like work or school, Multi-Place checks traffic conditions for you. Set up Multi-Place to turn on a switch or notify you with a push notification if traffic is bad and you need to leave X minutes earlier than usual. Or, configure Multi-Place to just discretely display that information on your dashboard only when necessary, so as to keep your dashboard clean and not interrupt you otherwise. Multi-Place stays aprised of traffic conditions shortly before and throughout the window of time that you typically depart for your destination, so you don't have to worry about missing a traffic update.

1 Like

I think I have someone who is good helping me now, will definitely ask for your help in future if ok I love the morning rule, and have seen your chats where you have done some crazy complicated rules very impressive. Do I owe you any beers for the morning rule you gave me