More interesting new, cheap Tuya products

Zigbee 3.0

1 Like

You can experiment with 10% or even 20% increase/decrease, that may work better. What is the minimum time between two rotations in the same direction (clockwise or counter-clockwise) that generate events? I expect to be around 1.2 seconds, i.e. faster rotate rate will not generate new events?

It is not possible now. We must wait for HE engineers to implement the missing inbound group messaging processing in HE hub, that still seems to be not a top priority in 2022 (see this link)

Zigbee specification document is 565 pages, I can't tell.. :slight_smile:

But again, this is a HE limitation, that prevents some IKEA and LIDL and also Tuya remote dimmers to have the full functionality in Hubitat. At the same time, these remotes work with HomeAssistant ZHA, zigbee2mqtt and even with SmartThings hub... This has been discussed in many threads in the past.

2 Likes

Thanks - Wasn't aware about SmartThings. Do you mean Tuya devices in general play nicely w/SmartThings, or were you referring the knob device in particular. I have a SmartThings hub that is sitting pretty much idle. Could be an option to share Tuya devices from ST to HE.

1 Like

A lot of Tuya Zigbee devices use Tuya specific clusters, so there is no native support for these in any home automation platform (except Tuya own Zigbee hub), until a custom driver is written for it.

I wouldn't say SmartThings has better support than HE for Tuya devices, probably the only exception is the above-mentioned possibility ST to handle remote dimmers broadcast packets (StepUp/Step Down).

Technically, this is what we are talking about:

I am not aware of any other Tuya devices that are supported by SmartThings, but not in HE. If such devices are found, it can be easily corrected :slight_smile: The only exception are functionalities related to these inbound group messages.

3 Likes

Hi ! Is there any update to this topic? I tried clicking the link to the experimental driver but it sends me message 404 not found. Thanks!

I have edited the link to point to the driver release thread.
What works with this smart knob is the singe and double click and left/right rotation.

1 Like