Monster Central - Z-wave devices - OLD

Does anyone know if Hubitat supports these old Monster Central ecosystem of Z-wave devices? I have several of these and was hoping to use them with Hubitat.

I paired this one and it was added successfully but I don't know what type of device to make it. I tried "Generic Z-wave Dimmer" and "Generic Z-wave smart dimmer" as well as a few others and the device doesn't seem to do anything. It is a lamp plug that has dimming feature...

Any ideas if/how I can get it working?

It's not z-wave plus. So "Generic Z-wave dimmer" would be the best choice. After you changed the driver from Device to "Generic Z-wave dimmer" did you hit the Configure button on the device page?

If you haven't please try that.

I changed it back to Generic Z-wave dimmer, then hit save, then hit configure, then off, then on and it didn't do anything. The lamp is on but nothing happens

I have a Monster Appliance Module, and it works fine with the Generic Z-Wave Outlet driver.

Any other ideas?

Is there a ST DTH for this device? Perhaps it can be ported into a Hubitat driver.

Not sure. I have never had a ST but I will do some searching on those forums and try to report back here

1 Like

The button appears it is a manual control button as well as a programming button. Does the light turn on or dim when using the button?

It also appears this button gives a status depending upon the color of the light etc.

The plug does have a button with light. It stays on green when the lamp is OFF. And is off when the lamp is on. I think it flashed amber during setup

And the button operates the lamp. Holding it dims the lamp too

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.