MOES Tuya Smart Knob detection and driver?

I got this:

Is this device and all its functionalities supported in HE?

And I have problem pairing it. No matter how many times i tried resetting it, HE wont detect it.

I did notice that after engaging the reset procedure, the LED does blink but only for a few times and it turns off. Could be a sign of an issue? because most devices just keep blinking until it gets paired or times out. But his device just blinks 2-3 times and turns off.. This is true when trying to actively pair it with HE (Zigbee scanning) or not.

Oh nevermind, i got it to work
For those wondering

1. I had to remove the battery for a bit (power Cycle) - then pairing started working
  2. Works great with Tuya Scene Switch TS004F
  • altho I'm interested to know if there's a better driver for this? Because the product details says it can also do PRESS and ROTATE gestures, which TS004F doesnt recognize, i dont think.

TS004F seems to just recognizes
BUTTON 1 (press, double tap and held)
BUTTON 2 (rotate clockwise = press ) and
BUTTON 3 (rotate counter-clockwise = press)

1 Like

This is a known limitation of HE.
You can vote for adding the possibility to fully control these remotes in Hubitat here.

1 Like

I can now use Tuya TS004F rotary knob in a 'dimmer' mode to control a Philips Hue white Zigbee bulb brightness (level control) and switch it on/off, even when my C-7 hub is powered offf ! :slight_smile:

Unfortunately, when the level is changed directly from the dimmer (using the Zigbee Group broadcast), the HE hub does not receive the changed level and the Group DImmer virtual device does not update the level..

Is it possible to also use the Group Messaging for Color Control (0x0300) ?

@tj1 do you still keep your smart knob?
Do you have any Zigbee dimmers or Zigbee bulbs paired directly to your HE hub that you can experiment with?

This is exciting, is this fix coming to c7 as well?

Zigbee Groups work on all Hubitat hub models . The problem with the Tuya Smart Knob is that it is a Zigbee sleepy end device, so adding it to a group is a bit tricky, as it needs to be awaken at the time when the command ‘add to group’ is sent to the device. If you press the knob just prior clicking on the Save (or was it ‘Done’?) button from HE inbuilt Groups app it works.

Second problem was that the Tuya knob was not shown in the list of the devices that could be added to a Zigbee group. I have added some Dimmer capabilities in the new driver named “Zigbee Button Dimmer “ - you can manually install it from the link posted in the third post of the [RELEASE] Tuya Scene Switch TS004F driver (w/ healthStatus) - #3 by kkossev) thread.

1 Like

Thank you, I was able to add the Knob to group with the driver.
It was able to toggle the light in dimmer mode, but not dim up/down. It might be however issue with my LED controller as I'm also not able to do that via Tuya app as well.

Have you by any chance worked with this controller? - Zigbee 3.0 WiFi 2.4GHz LED Controller 5 in 1

1 Like

That's a piece of good news!
On the LED controller - if it is advertised as SmartThings and Philips Hue compatible, it should be using the standard Zigbee commands and should work with the HE inbuilt drivers... In all the cases, the dimmer should first be operational using the device web page commands.

You can also try this driver.

Which Tuya app you mean, SmartLife ?

Yes, SmartLife it is. The knob+controller work fine in Scene mode when I just program the Level Adjustment on buttons 2 and 3. But I couldn't make it work in Dimmer mode neither in SmartLife nor in Hubitat so far. In Dimmer mode only button 1 (toggle) is linked properly.
I think it might be an issue with controller. I'll try to dig more info about it.

1 Like

Sorry for digging up an older post.

For the rotate commands does it just register a single button press or does it send more than one event if you keep turning?

It sends more than one event when rotating, but there is a delay of about one second between the events - not a very smooth experience in my opinion.

Hmm, wonder how well it would work as a dimmer? I’m looking for a master override for my lights.