MOES Tuya 4 Gang Driver Help

Hi all,
I recently purchased this device:

None of the built-in drivers seem to work, and I know that some community work has been done around similar devices from Tuya. I'd really appreciate help getting this to work, even if I have to pay something for a functioning driver. Thanks in advance!

2 Likes

Use Hubitat Package Manager to install "Tuya Scene Switch TS004F" driver. Once you change manually the driver, pair the device again to HE hub.

2 Likes

You're the best, thank you!

1 Like

Did this work? Able to use in button controller?

Yes, the TS004F scene switch can be used with the HE button controller. Singe and double clicks are OK, the long press is however not very usable, as this device sends an event only after the key is depressed.

Hi Kkossev,
I just purchased two of the these MOES Zigbee single button switches that appear to be using the TS004F.

I have managed to pair these into HE hub but l cannot get these to work properly.
I have installed the Tuya Scene Switch TS004F driver but it hasn't made much difference. I appreciate that the driver is more geared toward a 4-button switch instead a single multiple-button switch like mine.
Would have any clues as to which other driver that l could use to get this work propertly?

Thanks in advance!

Hi, please post a screenshot of this device web page ‘data’ section (I need the manufacturer value)

All known TS004F devices are 4-button scene switches, while yours is a singe button device?

Thanks, I will add it as a 1-button device later today and will let you know to try the new driver version.

Excellent as always Kkkossev, l really appreciate that!!

Thank you

1 Like

@carnsew you can try the dev. branch version 2.4.6. from this post .
You will need to first delete the device from the web page and then pair it again as a new device, close to the hub.

Thanks kkossev!

Per your advice, l updated the existing driver to your latest version. I unpaired the button device and re-paired it which it reconised the driver.

Unfortunatly it is not working i.e. when a l pressed the button it is not registering the state within HE.

I have also tried a basic rule to send me a notification when button is pressed or held and that didn't work either.

Please let me know what other information that l can provide to enable you to get this working

I really appreciate your help

Thanks again kkossev

Make sure the debug logs are on and copy/paste the recorded logs when you press the button.
Please post also the device logs when you pair it to HE hub (make sure you DELETE it first from the web page)
Do you pair it really close to the hub? ( maximum 1-2 meters away )

Hi Kkossev,
I have removed and repaired the device about 40 cm away from the Hub
Please see below attached screenshots
The button state is not displaying when a button is pressed, held etc.

The logs show that the driver is the correct version, and the device was recognized correctly, but afterward, there is no communication with the button, and nothing is received from the device...

What I can suggest is to try pairing it to HE several times, these buttons are difficult to pair. Also, you can change the battery cell with a new one. Sometimes, the batteries that come with these devices are of not good quality, although it seems that the voltage is 3V, the battery can not deliver the needed current during the Zigbee transmission.

When pairing, keep pressing the device button every second to make sure it is awake during the initialization process.

Hi Kkossev,
Based upon your advice, l have purchased a brand new battery and have re-paired the button several times right next to the hub i.e. 40cm away. Unfortunately, l still can't this button display any button presses. I have two of these and it's the same problem.
Would you have any other ideas to try? I did note when using your old driver it did at times (not that often) register a button press.
Under the 'Commands' as part of the driver, do l need to manually enter any data values under the button types e.g Push, hold and double tap?

Thanks again!

With Debug logging enabled, do you see any log records when a button is pressed?

No, these buttons can be used to simulate a real button press, for example when you test RM5 or Button Controller rules.

If there was a leaflet coming with this device, are there any references to 'scene' or 'dimmer' modes? Screenshots from SmartLife mobile application?

FYI - This driver works with LoraTap 4 button Zigbee remote. Button numbers are out of sequence, but simple enough to work out when doing the programming in HE with ButtonController.
AliExpress
Very nice feel to the buttons on this device and a little LED so you can see a button was pushed. Particularly good in the case where old folks need a remote and battle with the very little tactile feedback from some of the more mainstream buttons.
Review on SmartHomeScene
...and thank you for the work on it @kkossev

1 Like