Trying to add an Intertek ZWM-RSM1-PLUS module to my 3-day-old Zwave network. (It's a single relay module).
It will pair and then sit for long periods of time (more than half an hour before I gave up) in this state:
I've been able to exclude it from the network (reports "unknown device removed", roughly). Including it again after that produces no new results.
Based on advice on the data sheet I've even moved the HE physically closer to it to try pairing. No change in behavior.
I'm identifying it for pairing through toggling the attached switch 5 times (or sometimes more), not by pushing the Program Button on the relay. The built-in wires come out the opposite side from where the program button is, which means that in its current installed position, buried in a ceiling box, the program button is flat against the top (back) of the box, completely inaccessible. And several of the built-in wires are in wire-nut connections with 4 or even 5 wires. (A set of three fixtures, plus an unswitched outlet powered from the same feed, with the lights controlled by a switch loop, all the wiring in one box.)
Which is to say, if I actually end up having to dig it out of that box and disconnect everything, I will then smash it with a hammer and throw it out. This shouldn't matter for inclusion/exclusion, and they almost work even (enough that I'm in no doubt it's identifying the right module). It does mean I can't try the "factory reset" step without a lot of trouble (and a hammer).
I'm pretty sure I'm pairing the next module before I install it, even if that means I have it running on a breadboard with alligator clips supplying 120V to it .
Oh -- for local control of the lights it's working fine.