Modifying a Device in Dashboard with no slider

Hi All,

Is there a way to somehow get rid of the slider when you assign a device as a ''Bulb' in Dashboards for the 'Pick A Device' dropdown & if not, is there a way to create a Custom Template that allows me to do this instead as the ‘Tile Builder’ option/tab goes nowhere and does nothing in the Dashboard Settings

also...

Can anyone please tell me why, when on the Hubitat Support website and creating a new topic, I noticed that if I select the ‘down arrow’ after the ‘support’ dropdown

Dashboards%202

there were 'Topics' like 'Apps' and 'Novice Help' and 'Integrations' etc, etc.

These are not there when you click the dropdown 'all categories'

Dashboards%203

when you are on the support webpage initially but are there if you decide to use the magnifying glass or search facility???

Being a novice and all I would have used this when searching for answers instead of wasting everyone’s time and breaking everyone's balls like I am now by asking stupid questions :grin:

I'll answer your first question, the second one someone else gets to answer who's been here longer than me.
Yes, you can hide it with CSS, there's a good guide here:

Here's an example CSS for what you want to do, for tile number 11:
#tile-11 .dimmer,
#tile-11 .dimLevel {
display:none;
}

Though that might not look great, here is another:
#tile-11 .dimmer,
#tile-11 .dimLevel {
visibility: hidden;
}

@Markus Thank you so much, I'll give that a go tonight after the kids have gone to bed & I can concentrate :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
Cheers for the help

BTW, thought I'd clarify or add to the 2nd question so that it's not misinterpreted.

Just wanted Support or anyone else at HE to know that as a Noob, this information could have helped ,a lot actually, if I'd seen the different options when searching the support website...

You’re welcome! You could also use the switch tile and replace the icons. The CSS guide in the thread I linked to explains how.

Already using the switch for other tiles so that's why I was asking about making my own template but hopefully will be able to work out the solution with your suggestion, Thanks again

With the information in that thread you can change both the on and off icons off the tile. Good luck!

@markus Cheers mate

1 Like