Mode Manager setting wrong mode

My mode manager started behaving strangely today. It’s been working great for a long time, but this morning after I went on my walk and arrived home it put the house into late night mode. It’s never done that before and when I checked the logs I found this. Seems like “shadow mode” never got changed to Home, but I didn’t even know shadow mode existed. Is this a glitch or has something changed in the way mode manager works? Also, it says it switched back to Home immediately afterwards, but in actuality it did not. I had to manually switch the mode to Home.

I’m on Platform Version 2.3.4.130

I tested again by manually changing the presence status and got the same result. Any ideas?

Looks right. It changed to home and it was 08:01 AM and you have Home set as 4:30AM till 4:59PM. Unless I'm missing something.

It says it changed to Home, but it actually switched to Late Night. If you notice it says it switched to Late Night a fraction of a second before switching to Home. I’m guessing they happened in a different order?

Ah! Well it ended up in the right mode but ya that does seem like a bug that it would even make a pit stop there.

The problem was that it actually didn’t end up in the right mode. It was in Late Night (even though it says it switched to Home) I had to manually switch it to Home myself. And, I’ve tested it since then and the same thing happens.

Show the Times table.

I notice that Home is listed there. I don’t think it used to be. I tried to remove it, but when I selected it, it disappeared from the remove options, but not from the list?

Now it seems that I broke the Mode Manager by trying to change the Home option? Mode manager will not load.

Quickest way to fix would probably be to remove the app and reinstall

Restored to a backup from this morning. Mode Manager opens again, but still having the same issue.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.