Mode manager - presence not working

I have iPhone that I have connected to homebridge through maker api into hubitat. I have a virtual switch that I use for presence in hubitat. I have my mode manager setup so when we all leave it is supposed to change the hub to away mode. This isn’t happening.

Yes both me and my wife’s virtual presence are both “not present” so the hub should be going into away mode.

Can someone confirm I have this new mode manager configured correctly?

Mode manager still shows this and we are not home.

Homebridge shows the switches as turned off indicating we are not home.

The top part (time table) looks good. What does the away table (just below what was cut off in the screenshot) look like? Also, if you aren't on the latest build, 2.3.3.127, just released today, I'd recommend upgrading; there have been a couple mode manager fixes in the last few hotfixes, and one of them might help you.

1 Like

Interesting. I didn’t realize there was a release today. I’ll check as soon as I get home.

It's cut off (this would be easier to see on a desktop, laptop, tablet, or maybe even in landscape mode), but it looks like you have "Skip" checked in the presence table for a bunch of modes. You don't want those there; checking "skip" will cause presence-based changes to be skipped (i.e., the arrival and departure ignored) if the hub is currently in one of the "skip" modes (looks like day, evening, or night?) when presence changes.

To fix this, if there isn't some other reason you have them there, you can just hit the "-" icon/button and select the modes to remove from that table.

1 Like

I was going to suggest what Robert said -- ditch Day, Evening and Night entries altogether in the "Set Mode w/ Presence Sensors" table.

And definitely update to the latest Hubitat release (.127) - that should help too.

Bruce posted an example setup in a different thread... I haven't checked documentation recently, but his screenshot should probably be in there as a go-to example of a pretty darn typical Mode Manager setup :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks, I upgraded and I made the changes to my mode manager to match...

1 Like

Looks like that should work!

It does. I just tested and verified. Thanks!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.