Mode Manager - NULL Item

I only use 4 Modes.
Day, Evening, Sleep Time, and Away

I tried removing all that did not apply but it returned a Null Value. How do I remove this?

Go to Settings / Modes. You should be able to delete it there.

If you can't resolve this, send me a PM and I can help you...

@jameslslate

Does not show there.

Then @bravenel can help you.

I have the same issue except with 4 NULL Modes. Is there a documented way to get rid of these? How does this happen? Would like to know what I did to cause this.

thanks in advance.

There is a way to fix Mode Manager, and if you send me a PM I could guide you through it. But, a simpler way is to just remove Mode Manager and start over.

To remove it, first look at its UR, like this:

http://192.168.0.66/installedapp/configure/31585/mainPage

Except with your hub IP and some other number instead of 31585. Then open this page:

http://192.168.0.66/installedapp/status/31585

Again with your IP and app ID number. At the bottom of that page you can remove Mode Manager.

1 Like

Dang, Bruce. That is the biggest app number I have seen. Is there some limit you might hit, or does it reuse old numbers (or are they random?)

I install a lot of apps... :sunglasses:

1 Like

Thanks Bruce. This worked fine.

When it gets high enough the hub. will evolve and become sentient.

1 Like

Did you have modes that you deleted? (Morning, Day, etc.)

Yes. I am new withe Hubitat so I was playing around with Modes in attempt to better understand how I can use them. So, I created and then deleted several experimental modes.

I suspect that is where the nulls came from. Glad you were able to get it sorted.

I have this to. I see the way to fix is just remove mode manager and then put it back. Is that all. I dont have to do anything with apps or rules using these modes before removing it? Just want to be sure its that simple and wont cause a problem before I proceed. @bravenel

Yeah, you can just remove it and redo. The null mode is harmless though.

Thanks

There will be a fix for this issue in the next release also.

I read that. Since it wont cause a problem will it go away just by updating if I wait for it?

Yes.