Mode Manager Not Changing

Ok so I think there is something funky going on with mode manager and Configure daily settings (CDS) .... just removed and added back in MM and did not set CDS and things look good again ... as in the scheduled jobs are there and right.....

Could it be that when you setup a routine with CDS off then activate CDS ... things go sideways ..... Iā€™ll test over the next week or so and see

Ps hub is running the most current release of the code base

I have had this happen, a while back now, but resolved it the same way. I deleted MM and readded it back.

Yep... 2 or so days now and all is good in the world again

1 Like

I have periodic issues with MM not changing. I've sorted it out in the past by removing the app, and then putting it back, but it's frustrating that this keeps happening.

What can I do to troubleshoot?

Thanks

Yep I have had the same problem ... hard to figure out the why though... Iā€™m going to write an app for this myself

@avantil
@okellyro

Have a look at 'Modes Plus' on my website (https://cobra-apps.co.uk)
This has been super reliable for me for two years

Happy to look at 'Feature Requests' if you feel it need something added.

Andy

1 Like

I had to delete and reinstall the app a while back; no trouble since, but no big changes either. Sometimes I feel like every time something is changed, there is a chance for data corruption. Of course there is, but I never expected it to be very highly likely, which it has often seemed. That is why I try not to ever make changes anymore, just delete an app, rule, group, whatever and start over.

For no apparent reason, Mode Manager stopped working for me as well (partially). It still changes to Daytime at 6am. IFFT is able to change it to Away based on us leaving our WiFi through Fing. It also changes back to Home. What it won't do is to switch to Home Evening at Sunset -30. I tried changing to just sunset (without offset), and it won't do that either. I've tried rebooting the hub 2-3 times, to no avail. Sunset is accurately displayed in the location and mode tab of Settings. Not sure what to try to correct this, since it's been flawlessly changing for several years. It stopped a week ago, and I don't believe I've done a firmware update since then. I'm on the latest (2.2.1.116)

I had same issue, a defect in that release; update to latest FW

Look in system events and see if you have sunrise/sunset events. Not a good screen shot from my phone but should look like this.

Mode Manager has not worked for the last 3 weeks. Very disappointing!!!! I think that they (Hubitat) may not care or even know how to resolve this problem.

What have you done to troubleshoot? Have you submitted a support request? The Hubitat team cannot possibly read every thread on this board, so they might not know there is an issue. Or it might be isolated to just something on your system.

The community can try to help if you wish. Maybe start by posting your settings and/or system logs in a screenshot.

Have you tried deleting and reinstalling MM? Itā€™s merely an app to change modes, so it shouldnā€™t upset anything else. I had this problem once early on and havenā€™t since reinstalling it.

Iā€™ve had to delete it twice in the last 4 months I think. It just seems to stop working, but itā€™s simple enough to reinstall it. Didnā€™t affect anything else.

I have also just started having this problem, I suspect we have different names for the mode (night). I have / had it set to sunset and for some reason it wonā€™t switch after returning from away.

At the suggestion of others who posted here, I deleted the Mode Manager app, then reinstalled, and itā€™s been working ever since then. Not sure why thatā€™s become necessary, and hopefully, wonā€™t need to do it very often, but at least we know the ā€œwork-aroundā€ solves the problem.

1 Like

I did have mode manager stop working once after I made some changes. I had to do the same to get it working again.

For me it kept working as long as I didnā€™t play with it.

Now I have switched over to RM to control my modes based off an external lux sensor.

But coding your own in RM is always an option. It doesnā€™t get triggered that many times per day so it doesnā€™t really matter how optimized it is.

1 Like

After the latest updates my Mode Manager began to fail to switch modes. I was even having trouble switching by telling google to change modes. After the standard restarts and clicking "Done" in Mode Manager to try and get things setup with change in behavior. I finally noticed that the time was off by more than 6 years. I had it update time from the browser and it all began to work again. Check the time on the Hubitat and make sure it is up to date.

I hope this helps.

I've been using this driver and it's kept my hubs time correct.

Thatā€™s the only time Iā€™ve had issues with it as well. Deleted and reinstalled almost a year ago and no issues since.

1 Like