Mode manager is duff

For whatever reason my hub says sunset is 5:40pm but mode that is set to move to evening at sunset -30 set the mode to evening at 3pm.

I've had this so many times over the last 12 months. This time restarting hasn't rectified it

EDIT.im starting to wonder if there is something wrong with the coding, I'm sure I shouldn't have to restart to fix an app

Is this a problem that’s specific to your evening mode trigger?

Or do other automations (not in mode manager) based around sunrise/sunset also fail similarly?

Have you tried deleting and recreating the instance of mode manager?

I've not checked yet. I only notice evening the most as the lights come on when it's light out.

I've not tried deleting and re-creating modes. I think I ended up doing that last year.

Not deleting/recreating the modes, just the instance of mode manager that’s controlling the transitions, then re-doing the automation logic in a newly installed instance of the app.

1 Like

@bravenel stated last month that deleting and redoing mode manager should not be necessary. I made the same recommendation (based on personal experience and previous comments that I have read) to some one and kinda got told that I was wrong to be suggesting it.

Maybe Bruce can help you debug.

:man_shrugging:

Without some more detailed info from OP, or the thread you mention, hard to say if they’re related at all, or whether any potential solutions are “wrong.”

I suspect the issue here is related to how the hub is handling sunset offsets, rather than something inherent to this instance of mode manager, hence my initial question.

Recreating mode manager triggers would probably take no more than a few minutes though, so perhaps it’s worth trying. Or perhaps I’m wrong.

Regardless, more info is needed to effectively troubleshoot.

3 Likes

Shouldn't have to restart the hub either but many of us still do

1 Like

As far as I can see, time is correct and it's accurately reporting sun set and sunrise, however Mode Manager doesn't seem to be picking that up and still using an old sunset and sunrise it's it's cache or whatever. It thinks sunset -30. Is 3pm when the sun set and sunrise settings state 5:40 (or later now) latitude and longitude is all working, my location is still the same it seems to be purely with mode manager