Mode Manager failing

Ever since the update that included EZ Dashboards, my Mode Manager that previously worked seamlessly is not working all the time.

Example - My settings for Sat/Sun, if no other automations have changed the mode then at 8:30am it should change to Day.

C8 on 2.3.9.150 - Time and Date is correct, but at 9:45am today (Sat) my Hub was still in Night mode, so I changed it manually.

I am now back to rebooting at 2:00am daily, well after the cloud backup (successful), but seeing no improvement in reliability.

Logs show at 8:30am "Shadow Mode set to Day"
When I change it manually "Mode became Day" is logged.
Evening Mode was set correctly last night.
Through my Automation Night Mode set correctly.

I can move to RMs, but would rather stay on the Mode Manager if possible.

Is anyone else having this issue?

From your logs and configuration, this is not happening because the mode was changed to Night. Presumably you did that manually or have some automation (perhaps part of this one) that is not shown and performed that change. The "shadow mode" getting set to Morning and then Day because you have "skip" checked for Night mode, meaning time-based changes will not apply when such a mode is the active mode (but the "shadow mode" keeps track if you use the "return from" feature.

The "skip" feature is most commonly selected for Away-type modes but can be used however you want. However, it sounds you don't actually want it to skip time-based modes when Night mode is active, so perhaps you did not intend to select this feature for this mode? Sharing more about what you actually want to happen might help if you aren't sure.

FWIW, this was 2.3.9, recently released. I do not believe there have been any Mode Manager changes for while. If you suspect it was a platform release, you can always use the Diagnostic Tool to restore platform version 2.3.8 and see if the issue persists. But from what I can see, it's related to your app configuration -- so this would be the same on any platform version, barring any bugs -- unless I'm misunderstanding what you're saying is (not) happening.

Thank you for your reply. It was the skip setting which I overlooked, but I don't recall changing any Mode Manager settings in quite some time.