Mode Manager does not like daylight Saving :-)

This morning I noticed that Mode Manager had not switch to "Day Mode" after daylight saving.

Something is not correct in my opinion and my best suspect at this point is daylight saving. I just had to switch to the Daymode myself since Mode Manager would not do it despite behaving perfectly every day.

This is some of my setting, this morning the mode did not switch at all even if I waited to see if it would switch based on the old time.

Mode Manager Still Showing Night after Daylight Saving

1 Like

I paid careful attention to mine this morning since I've historically had issues with this too. Mine worked fine, but Morning Mode starts at sunrise and my Day Mode starts at sunrise+30, so unlike you I have only positive offsets. These are likely calculated at sunrise time, unlike your negative offsets that may be calculated at or shortly after midnight. I'm not sure how the time change might affect that. Maybe others can chime in with their experience here today to see if you can find anything in common.

1 Like

I wouldn't worry about this too much. I'm sure it will be fine tomorrow. The problem as I see it is that Mode Manager sets up a schedule job when it last runs, but the time change threw it off by an hour.

Well I don't worry about it but it still need to be looked at and fixed if we aim to be the best Hub in the whole Galaxy. Those problems we report are great for Hubitat support to address and avoid them in the future.

2 Likes

I spoke too soon. My mode changes at sunrise and sunrise+30 were fine; my mode change that was supposed to be at sunset-30 did not happen and looks like it's going to happen an hour later (sunset is 7:06 PM CDT; this is going for 30 minutes before 8:06 PM instead, apparently):

There seems to be something off with "before" offsets if we are to draw any conclusions from our experience above. Most major time change issues seem to have been worked out, but little things like this seem to come up ever year (or twice). @bravenel, did you write Mode Manager or have any ideas for additional information that might help troubleshoot these problems?

Every time we have a time change I have open the location and mode menu and click update to get my sunrise and sunset rules working again.

1 Like

Mode manager didn't change modes for me either this evening. This has happened for me every time we go into and out of DST. I didn't bother to dig into it this time though, I just changed it myself.
I'll see if it works correctly at 10pm tonight when it should go into my late night mode.

1 Like

There is some issue in the scheduler wrt changes around DST, but I don't know what it is. These issues should clear up tomorrow.

Yes I am having the same problem with it misscheduling before offset runs. It is off by 24 hours. The programming should have picked up daylight savings time happening one day earlier. Instead it has scheduled it one day too late. Unlike others, I don't see this as a MINOR issue as it makes me wonder what other errors exist in the programming that control devices inside my house including water shutoffs, gas fireplace, gas forced air heat and fire detection. It seems this is the second year in a row with this issue and everyone is in the dark as to why... Aliterally... As my lights didn't turn on. Sorry I don't mean to sound angry, as I am not but reading some of the comments that are dismissive of any programming bugs makes me shudder a bit.

3 Likes

I agree and am having the same issue with mode not changing to evening 20 minutes before sunset nor at 7pm (earlier of the 2) which has worked as is should until today.

1 Like

I have a Mode that Hubitat is supposed to change to at Sunset and did not today.

1 Like

Try this...

Argh. We did better than last time, but still some bugs. These are being worked on today. Such a PITA!

3 Likes

No biggie for me mannn...I still love my Hubitat!!

1 Like

Hi, I'm having problems with the mode manager. For me it works for setting to day at 06AM but to set it to night at 10PM in fact it happens at 11PM. I checked the time of the hub and it matches the time of my cellphone. I tried to update my location in the settings -> location and modes -> pressing the button update but it didn't fix the problem. Do you know how I could get to work correctly?

Did you hit Done in Mode Manager after setting your location? After doing that look at the Scheduled Jobs at the bottom of Mode Manager App Status page (gear icon).

1 Like

Bumping an old thread to say that my Hubitat also seems unhappy today's daylight savings shift? Mode Manager didn't flip into day mode. It's not even set based on sunrise just static time. I gave it an extra hour to see if it would catch up and it did not. I had to manually push a button like I lived in the past :grimacing:

1 Like

Mode manager also didn’t work for me today in the time change. Always an hour behind. The system time seemed correct when I checked, as did the location. I manually set the correct mode and checked the option in mode manager to set the mode at system startup by timetable and rebooted it, and it seemed to select the correct one.

1 Like

Same thing for me. In fact I have yet to have a time change event that Hubitat manage without issues.

Same here this morning in New Zealand. I have my Day rule to kick off at 7am. Mode manager changed mode to Day at 6am. Checked scheduled jobs and tomorrow had all time based changes scheduled 1 hour earlier. Made a quick change, saved and then changed back to original settings and scheduled jobs times updated to correct times.