Mode manager and HSM

I use mode manager to set modes based on times. When disarming HSM, mode manager is not setting the mode back to the correct state. It just stays in "Away" mode... It used to work fine but the last update(s) seems to have changed something. Is there a simple way to refresh mode manager whenever HSM is cancelled?

By default, HSM will not drive mode manager to do anything. Quite the opposite actually. Using only Mode Manager and HSM, you can have HSM follow your mode but not Mode follow your HSM settings. That is because people usually have more modes than the 4 states available in HSM.

In other words, you can have Mode Manager set your mode and then your mode can control your HSM arm state but if you want HSM to modify your mode, you have to do that with a rule or a custom app. That functionality is not available in the built-in apps.

My Nyckelharpa app optionally sets the mode when the HSM Arming State changes.

1 Like

Exactly...that is a custom app. Not part of the built-in functionality of HSM or Mode Manager.

Many users incorrectly conflate HSM Status and Mode.

It would be handy if HSM or Mode Manager had the capabilty to optionally change the HSM Status when mode changes.

It does.....except the other way. Because Hubitat is a subscription based system, you choose which modes to activate which states in the HSM app. So, when mode changes, HSM changes. It results in the same outcome but from the opposite perspective. Rather than mode manager controlling HSM, HSM follows the mode.

What the OP is asking for is Mode to be changes based on a change to HSM status. That is the exact opposite. They're asking to change the Mode when HSM status changes.

Sorry I got it backwards. My app changes mode when HSM status changes.

Yes...that is what they are asking for. You do realize you typed the exact same thing that I said, right?

HSM can already do this.

Sorry I've been dealing with lots of Covid related stuff today, and am likely not taking the time to fully comprehend everything.

My son sent me a photo of someone in a Hazmat suit decontaminating his apartment building. He lives very close to where the first person in NJ who died from Covid lived.

Oh my!!! Well, I hope everything is okay! :crossed_fingers:

He never met him, and did not know him. However, there is a shared laundry room. So far he's OK. Thank you for asking.

Besides that I've been using my app since I swiched to HE and must admit to conflating Status and Mode. I forget what changes what, since it's always in sync.

It's code from my SHM Delay app in ST where nothing was synced.