Mode didn't change to Day at sunrise today

This has been working will see if it was a glitch or if it happens again tomorrow but today the hub didn't transition from Night mode to Day mode. Unsure if anyone else is seeing this. Running C7 on 2.2.3.142.

Have you checked what sunrise is set to on the hub? They were fixing a minor bug in this space in the last 1-2 releases, might be worth checking it has updated correctly.

Just FYI, I have my mode change for day for 6:00am or sunrise, whichever is earlier on C7 running .142.

It shows that sunrise here was 6:11am. It’s been working fine.

Probably not a bad safety net but it should still work.

Been having the same issue with Evening (set to Sunset - 30 minutes). Just did the 2.2.3.142 update (from 2.2.3.135 which I did on Sunday and that seems to be when this started - when I was on 2.2.2.129, it was working fine).

1 Like

I'm not sure when the issue may have been introduced, but I did read on another thread dev's were looking at an issue for some users in Adelaide, Australia, potentially due to the time zone including a half hour as part of the offset. Maybe you've got a similar issue?

Nope I’m in northern Mexico just south of the Arizona border. No funky time zones here. We track with Arizona.

Happened to me today in Newcastle Australia, didn't change to Day at sunrise -30mins. I found out when the wife started messaging me at work wondering what was going on lol. Has happened a few times over the last couple of days.

Same. I'm in Central Virginia (so EST all the way). I put a temporary time failover in but don't want to leave it obviously.

Worked fine today by the way.

Like you, my Mode did not switch from Evening to Night at Sunset... this was working until I upgraded to v2.2.3.142 yesterday. I just did a warm boot so we'll see if it correctly switches tomorrow.

I vaguely remember someone posting recently that rules using sunrise/sunset would not work properly until the day after a hub update, but maybe I'm going crazy?????

Mine hasn't worked since the hub update. 3 days in a row now, I assume #4 will be today (with no changes made to assume otherwise).

Mine worked again this morning and it's never failed at sunset. When it did fail at sunrise the other day I was making some other changes so maybe I tripped it up without realizing it. Do you have logging turned on for the modes? Maybe that will help get to the bottom of it?

I do. As you can see, the last "Sunset" mode change was on 8/30 (prior to the update). I put the 7:20pm time in there as a failover and that's what triggered last night (sunset - 30 minutes was at 7:14pm last night).

Here are my location settings, confirming sunset and sunrise times are correct:

EDIT: Although looking at the "Scheduled Jobs" now, it appears it may fire at 7:11 tonight as it is supposed to?

It finally did. Guess my problems are solved, oddly enough.

Same here... it appears that the Mode changing does not return to normal until 24 hours after a firmware update

2.2.3.145 for me.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.