Mode changes not triggering HSM changes since 2.0.4 until i opened HSM and clicked Done

For anyone else that might run into this.

After updating to 2.0.4 Mode changes were not triggering HSM changes until i opened HSM and clicked Done

2 Likes

I've been trying to troubleshoot an incredibly frustrating and strange issue since 2.0.4 where HSM will randomly disarm between 10-11:30am for no apparent reason, and is unreliable in arming with an Iris keypad or a button remote. Unfortunately I haven't been able to review the logs in time on the random days that it happens. Also, it now occasionally takes two or three tries with the keypad or button remote to get HSM in an armed state.

Curious, are you changing HSM state and having mode follow that, or the other way around?

You can look at HSM events from the App Status page (gear icon) for HSM, then click on Events. It will show you everything that happens. Similarly, you can look at your keypad events from its device page. These will stick around long enough for you to see the past events.

1 Like

Having similar issues:

Mode changes not working (always stays on "System Disarmed") regardless of what is selected on the popup. Every 5-8 attempts it will eventually change but not consistently.

Once the mode changes (see above) the custom color templates for HSM initially work and then go back to the default (with no interaction): I can sit and watch my dash and the tile color will go from my custom color back to the default all by itself at some random 20-30 seconds later.

I'm kinda baffled and in a jam since now I have no soft method for arming/disarming my home alarm.

Check the app status page for HSM, for Event Subscriptions. See if there is one that has Event = mode and Handler = modeHandler.

I paired a few ST Buttons and assigned them the ARM/DISARM... which is working (with the exception of the custom colors - which I found out is a known bug).

I'll look this evening for the Event = mode and Handler = modeHandler when I use the touchscreen to arm\disarm. Thanks for the quick reply!