Mjpeg stream on dashboard

I can put an image tile with a local IP mjpeg stream from a cam in it. The result is as expected.

Is that stream (640x480) good/bad/no influence on the hub speed/tasks ?
My dashboard is running under firefox on a W10 tablet

1 Like

Has no bearing on the hub at all. It is streamed via the tablet

2 Likes

Cool ! So, as long my tablet processor can handle it, no problemo !?

Yup and the computer that's sending it.

in that case, the cam is sending directly the stream, so no other computer involved.

2 Likes

Then you are good to go :slight_smile:

What brand camera are you using? I have 3 Amcrest cameras and can't get it to work?

I have found this site useful sometimes for finding the URL of a camera. Scroll down and locate your brand, select, and then locate your model. There are several to choose from for each model. Trial and error. When you find the one you want click on the blue link to the left of the URL you want and it will bring up a window to create the URL based on your input.

https://www.ispyconnect.com/sources.aspx

1 Like

It's an old WGC54GCA from Linksys, mostly indestructible since years :slight_smile:
But I use also ispy software, like @razorwing said, to find different ways to obtain streams. Most of my regular cams are hooked to a DVR/NVR for 24/7 recordings and ispy sent pics regularly through ftp for other use (still pics on websites) every 5 minutes

WGC54GCA

Try this:

https://www.ispyconnect.com/man.aspx?n=Amcrest

Amcrest cameras (Which I have) won't work unless you "change" the stream to mjpeg.
To Change the stream:

1. via tinycam running on an android device
  2. via Synology surveillance station
  3. via a pi (or other computer) running and converting vlc

I assume that it is not working because the latest browsers don't allow you to go to camera's IP Address to access camera feed. When you try, it asks you to install plug-in but if you install plug-in & re-open browser, you are again asked to install plug-in. I have tried it on Chrome and Firefox. There are a lot of pissed off Amcrest Owners on that company's forum because it used to work with previous browsers. Now, you have to use the Amcrest browser app.

I haven't done it yet but I believe you can use Tinycam to do the same thing to view Wyze Cameras. I have a acouple of those also but haven't taken the time to set it up. I recently got a new Android phone so that seems like the perfect excuse to use the old one as a Tinycam server.