Mitsubishi split using Airzone - Solved

HI, Installing my second Hubitat unit in a second house. Very simple automation and light security and remote access are the goals. Replacing Vera units and very happy with this with the exception of camera support (working on the threads about that) and one other challenging exception I could use help with. I had a new Mitsubishi split HVAC unit installed recently and asked for Z-Wave support. My contractor installed this yesterday:

It paired properly but I don't have any controls for the unit. See screenshot:

Hoping someone with more technical prowess can help me determine if / how I can get this unit to control my HVAC. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thx

How is it paired? What driver is the device using? Can you post a screenshot of your hub's z-wave settings page?

Originally set up as a generic device. I changed that to thermostat controller, but no change.

Best person for ideas on this might be @sburke781 . Any ideas, Simon?

Most likely not if controlling via Z-Wave or some other local control... If it was via their cloud platforms then I could fumble my way through helping out, but local control via a Z-type adaptor is less likely to be similar to the API I am used to, sorry.

1 Like

Wrong driver. That is not a z-wave device driver.

What do you mean by "generic device"?

The driver to try is: Generic Z-Wave Plus Thermostat

After changing drivers, click on the "Configure" button on the device page.

Also, could you post the information requested previously?

Thanks for the assistance so far. Changed to generic Z-Wave Plus Thermostat. Same result with that.

Paired/Included using the manual method, Adding z-wave device in the Hubitat devices screen then pressing the association button on the unit, It included, but the driver it selected was simply called "Device".

Here is a screenshot of settings. Was there a particular section you wanted to see?:

Thanks again for the support...

Did you press Configure on the device page?

Can we see your zwave details page in its entirety. And the device page for this device in its entirety?

Just noticed that with the Generic Z-Wave Plus Thermostat drive I'm getting the temperature. Everything else is still unknown:

Can we focus on the device page please? The dashboard only reflects what is on that page.

Apologies I must not be understanding what you're asking for on the settings page. I'm a bit of a newbie on this stuff, only used simple setups with my other hub. This is everything I see on settings except one additional line for "shutdown".

Here is the entire device page:

Have you clicked the Configure button on the device page? While doing so, also physically change the temperature directly on the thermostat (so it isn’t sleeping).

My bad.

From the Settings page (you have a screenshot of it above), click on "Zwave Details". Then take a screenshot of that entire page ....

Tried the Configure with an adjustment. No observable change.

Meaning? Have you tried controlling the thermostat directly from the device page? For example, changing the mode from Heat to Cool?

Based on the inClusters shown on the device page, the device definitely supports that command.

Can you control "Side Yard Light Switch" from its Device Page on Hubitat? Your z-wave details page indicates the thermostat is connected to the Hubitat via "Side Yard Light Switch".

The Z-wave details page kind of suggests that "Side Yard Light Switch" is not communicating with the hub. There is no signal (LWR RSSI), nor is there any route back to the hub.

And if you look at your thermostat's route, it routes to the hub via 0x0e, which is "Side Yard Light Switch".

Correct. I have tried controlling from the device page. I can control the side yard light switch form the device page. No idea why those would be associated.

Now that you've done that, has the z-wave details page updated to show a route for "Side Yard Light Switch", as well as signal strength (RSSI)?

They're not associated. The thermostat is communicating to the hub via the switch.