Missing generic zigbee windows shade

@mike.maxwell yes I'm sure about it, it was just to say something since he helped me a lot before the generic driver that was missing. Thanks Mike to add that option :blush: I'm waiting for it :grin:

Hi @mike.maxwell I noticed that on the app now everything is working fine, when the shade are closed on the app shows closed and the same when are open, but I have still the biggest prolem with Alexa, that for her 100% means always open even if on hubitat shows closed :sweat_smile: and above all is getting annoying to say to her to open the shade when I want to close them :pensive: I hope you could find some time to add the percentage inverting option. Thanks :blush:

Hello Mike, I saw that you workd hard to have roller shutter working. I tryed to do the same using the thread of your exchange with the bearmay. Thanks to the driver provided, I can actuate the zigbee roller shutter controller, but I cant get buttonson the dashboard. Shuld I also get children ? Can you help and send me the latest driver you are using. Thanks

If you can actuate it, the best thing to do is make a button controller for it in the button controller app, then expose that to the dashboard. Another way is in the dashboard when you pick your device (your shade) use the Switch template if the shade template is not working.

1 Like

They added the generic ZigBee shade driver and it works great for me, have you tried it?

it works for me, but I can't teach the what is the upper or lower limit. I am using cheap zigbee shade module from china. So I bought a Tuya hub, that I am using to set up each module, and then all works great. Serge

Hi guys,

I am thinking of automating outdoor shades :joy:.
The goal is to have them managed in Homekit ecosystem, but so far I wasn’t able to find any viable solution.
Now, I am thinking of buying Vimar switches 19594.0 (to replace ordinary -> and connecting them via Hubitat C8 (zigbee protocol) to Homekit.
I had checked the list of devices that Hubitat supports and Vimar is not included.
Would it be possible to get the driver from this community? Does something similar already exists? Does anyone know a better way to takle this problem?
Why there are not more solutions to this problem. You can get smart valves, thermostats etc,.. but the main thing that is contributing to indoor temperature is left unsolved🧐.

Thank you for your support, much appreciated :crossed_fingers:.

Best,
Robert

The only way to understand is to take the risk and purchase one of these switches.

Hi, sorry for the late answer, vimar is working perfectly, just dont update the status actually and you need to refresh it. I've created this topic exactly for the vimar devices