Missing generic zigbee windows shade

But is possible to invert the percentage? Like 0 means totally closed and 100 open

Think I know where I can do that, will look at it tonight...

Take your time, you've done already a good job :blush:

1 Like

May have just fixed it. Removed the preference setting above and added a new one in its place to allow you to select a reverse of the standard percentage.

1 Like

Finally it works perfectly :grin: the problem was the percentage since when I inverted it started to work properly :grinning: thanks so much for everything :blush: @thebearmay

1 Like

Glad I could help.

1 Like

New user of about 24 hours here. I am trying to get my QMotion Zigbee shades into the Google HOME App. When I use the Generic Zigbee Dimmer it loads just fine but with wrong icon and commands (i.e. On/Off rather than Open/Close). When imported this device code it works in Hubitat perfectly but Google does not recognize it during the import. Any suggestions?

@thebearmay Hi there, long time since the last time :grin: I'm using this driver and I had no problem at all, now I'd like to improve it if possible, actually the only things that I'd like to have working would be the updated status when I use the device from the button on the wall, since actually hubitat keeps the status updated only when I use it from hubitat or trough Alexa. Do you think it would be possible to make it working?

Let me take a look at it and see if I can figure out why that is happening…

What attribute are you looking at to determine “status”?

If it is open or closed ant at which percentage

Let’s see if we’re just missing a message coming in. Can you remove the two slashes at beginning of line 74

73   def parse(String description) {
74 	//log.debug "description:- ${description}"

and then try opening/closing the shade from the button and capture the logs.

(You can put the slashes back in afterwards so that we don’t fill up your logs unnecessarily.)

I've just tried and nothing happen on the logs :sweat_smile:

@thebearmay I've just updated the hub and noticed that now finally there is a generic windows shade that works perfectly using the button as well :grin: but is missing something to invert the percentage, is it possible to modify this driver adding the button to invert it as you made before?

Sorry I didn’t see your earlier reply (usually pops up in my watch list too), but not getting a message to parse means that we’d have to do a poll or look for some other indication from the device that it had changed.

As to the generic driver, I can’t modify it, but maybe @bcopeland can pass along the request to whomever maintains the zigbee drivers.

1 Like

@bcopeland could you add a reverse switch to invert the percentage of opening/closing for the generic zigbee shade? Since for my devices it works opposite

That driver is actually written by @mike.maxwell .. But I’ll pass on the request..

@thebearmay don't worry about that, probably they used part of your code to make that :grin:

@bcopeland thanks :relaxed: I hope they can make it since now I have to sei close to open it

@mike.maxwell and @bcopeland know more about writing drivers than I ever will. You’re in good hands with those two.

1 Like

We don't copy user driver code. In any event I can add an invert option