Missing battery powered ZWave device

Battery getting low on a glass break alarm. I can't find it. It is labeled as to being in the living room, but it's not there. Suggestions?

Maybe see what routes are in Z-Wave Details and if that might make sense for its actual location, but Z-Wave routes often don't make sense of human eyes, so it very well might not.

Otherwise, I'm not sure there's much else. The device is probably "sleepy" and will likely only wake once or twice a day to listen for commands from the hub, even if you could send something to it that would help (which you probaby can't in the first place unless it happens to have some beep/alarm you command--in which case it would probably be listening and you might have some luck, but most I know don't).

If you're not sure what it looks like (maybe that would help you?), you could also do a search for images of the brand and model, which you'll likely see in the device details table on the device detail page if nothing else.

1 Like

That.

If it looks like my glass break sensors then it looks like a smoke alarm.

Found it! Up on a window sill above french doors with the shade over the upper window totally closed. Found it by getting out a ladder to see if it was in a lighting soffit that hides overhead lights. While up there and not finding it, I looked around, and saw a dark item behind the shade that I couldn't see from the floor. I guess batteries in these things last longer than my memory, but so do my dog's naps.

Thanks for the suggestions.

1 Like

This is why I use long device names... :wink:

Like "Door Patio Primary East" and "Motion Front Yard by driveway next to red shrub."

LOL, too true.