Misbehaving Leviton DZ15S-1BZ Switch

Has anyone had issues with a Leviton DZ15S Switch not reporting it's status (ON/OFF) ?

Does anyone know how to check the Firmware level of such a device?

(repeatedly doing a factory reset/unpair/pair does NOT resolve the issue)

(Also, this has affected 2 switches at my location, plus others at other locations (including 2 SmartThings installations, so I suspect that it's a Leviton problem).

What driver are you using for the switch?

Standard generic zwave smart switch

There are dedicated driver for the leviton dimmers that might be helpful.

If not, you may have to update the firmware for the dimmer.

Thanks, but it's the switch not the dimmer.

Ah...then I got nothing for ya. You can always give it a shot and see what happens. Just remember to hit configure after you change the driver.

Search this forum for additional info. But, as I recall, I had trouble with this exact switch and after contacting Leviton, they sent me a thumb drive to make firmware updates to all my switches and the updated solved all/whatever problems I had, bar none. No issues now and happy. Don't recall the details of my issues but seems like reporting correct status was one of them.

With a radio in it? Or just the files?

Fuzzy memory but seems like I plugged it into laptop, installed(?)/ran their app which found my devices where it then showed current ver and available ver. with an "Update" button for each device/row in the table. So, presumably there would have been some sort of radio. Dont know.

They just sent you this? Did you have to send it back?

Yes. Yes.

Oh....okay. It's not like you got to keep it. That makes a lot more sense now. LOL I thought they just gave you a z-wave stick.

I had one that behaved normally for about a year and then started up with what I think is the same thing you seem to be experiencing. Was unable to resolve and just ripped it out, trash.

Now I'm using regular switches in conjunction with Qubino relays ... very happy.

Only thing that tempts me to stray from that formula are the Inovelli.

I just called up Leviton Tech Support, and they are sending me a Zstick, just like @david4.
However, I think that my device has to be on SmartThings for the upgrade procedure to work. (Not sure).
I will update this post when I get the USB Zstick, and do the upgrade procedure.

1 Like

No, you will connect it to the z-stick they are sending you.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.