Minka Aire fan without bond hub

I have a new Minka Aire ceiling fan (x 2) and the bond app on my phone. It all works fine and works fine in smartthings. I do not have a Bond Hub. Does anyone know how to set this up in HE?

Interesting. I'd like this.

This might be one @dman2306 could answer...?

I couldn't see how that is possiible even w/ ST because I assumed that the remotes were RF. However, I Google'd that the Minka Aire fans are "powered by Smart by Bond technology" which is Wifi.

It's probably a better question for the guys from Bond: @bond-merck @bond-jacob

1 Like

The bond integration i built will work with these. When it asks for the hub up just enter the up of the fan. You’ll need to setup two copies of the app, one for each fan. They kind of act like individual hubs.

3 Likes

I didn't see any indication on their website but if they had an aftermarket kit, I would be interested in giving it a shot. It seems like that would ensure HE would always know status of the fan even if native remote was used.

Funny I set it up the way you said before I asked the question but it didn't seem to work.... I just went back in and after pressing several buttons it worked.... I guess the "fix" buttons maybe had something to do with it. Is there some place that explains them? Thx

1 Like

The fix commands really shouldn’t do anything for you. They really only provide value when you have an rf remote or some other control device and the bond becomes out of sync with the device (thjnks its on when it’s off, etc.) so for a smart by bond device that doesn’t really apply. Not sure why, but glad it’s working.

The Fix Command is for when your wife keeps using the native remote and it gets out of sync with HE :smile:

I actually have one fan/light that notoriously gets out of whack on its own. I can push button 1st time and it will register as turning on with HE but fan light never actually turns on. So, I created an automation that runs every 30 minutes between sunset and sunrise that checks a lux sensor I have in the room. If lux is zero but HE thinks fan light is on, Fix Power to OFF. My other 3 fans are MUCH more reliable. I have swapped remotes, put the Bond hub is same room, etc. to try and figure it out but no luck. It's our infant's bedroom so it's VERY bad for the WAF.

1 Like

Here's one that works with almost all AC fans https://www.homedepot.com/p/Universal-Smart-Wi-Fi-4-Speed-Ceiling-Fan-Remote-Works-with-Google-Assistant-SmartThings-and-Alexa-99434/311264804

Yeah, we've been partnering with ceiling fan manufacturers to make these smart ceiling fans, and recently some smart low-voltage lighting too.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.