Mini UPS users weigh in please

cool .. I have ge switches, so not an option. And bulbs. And i was thinking about others that used a safe shutdown command on their hubs.

Which GE switches do you have? There may be parameters that are not exposed via the built in drivers. You can usually see that in the documentation for them.

ge/jasco switches and dimmers. some of them are zwave. Yah ... old

Ya. Was checking the zwave alliance site. Their documentation sucks. Only lists parameters for the light and paddle direction. Ah well. Was worth a look.

Yah ... Time to start upgrading my devices, I think. I know there was a command I think for a safe shut down. I just need to dig and bounce it off of those I trust. Unless it came from someone I trust.
:grin:

I’ve NO safe shut down method because it didn’t seem necessary seeing as the battery pack keeps my hub running for over 12 hours.
I’m yet to experience a power cut ( I just jinxed myself there, didn’t I) so have not had to clean up the sensor & mesh issues that’d result from losing the repeaters etc.

1 Like

I think it’s all here

1 Like

I use @Cobra shutdown app and I use the @jwetzel1492 HTTP presence sensor. This pings a access point which is ON 24/7 but not backed up. That way when I lose power it goes not present and triggers Andy's app.

I also now have a USB switch which connects to a app that I can turn OFF then ON again if needed that the hub runs through. I have that set too power up ON.

3 Likes

@april.brandt
April
I have two apps to help
Power Off Shutdown & Startup

POS will allow you to configure a graceful shutdown even if login is enabled
It will also send messages on power loss/restore
Both of these will restore switches/bulbs to their previous on/off state when power is restored or the hub boots

Andy

3 Likes

Like others in this thread, I don't bother. If the grid goes down, I've got a whole house UPS that should carry me for quite some time, with reasonable load shedding, and plenty of time to go around and perform manual load shedding. The OmniCharge I linked does support pass through while charging, so it's effectively a UPS, and I use it on small devices not so much for grid outages, but for circuit outages....you know, when you power a circuit down to install a switch or a socket, only to find out that breaker you threw knocks out random sockets throughout the house that for some reason are wired to said breaker.....arrrghhh!

S.

1 Like