Mimolite garage door device driver

Since the latest updates my Mimolite garage door driver code no longer works. Can someone please share their working code with me. I beg of you.

Release 2.1.2 will include inbuilt support for this device as well as the MIMO2

1 Like

Ok thanks,

Also the Mimolites arenโ€™t always reporting back the correct current state. Iโ€™ve never had this issue before. I have tried hubi-pull, which isnโ€™t helping. Again any help would be great

Thank you, is there a release date for the update yet?

Yup, soon...

1 Like

What are you using to show the door open or closed?
I use a reed magnetic switch hard wired directly to my mimolite and it shows door state fine.
You could revert the firmware back to a working version until the new update comes out.

The 2.1.2 release supports the device... but not as a garage door controller. So the "garage door" template in the dashboards doesn't work with it nor do any apps or triggers that rely on the ability to issue "open" or "close" commands.

What was the reason for removing the functionality that broke the old MIMOLite driver? It's really frustrating that every single update seems to remove another piece of functionality from the platform.


I agree! Hubitat is starting to remind me of Smartthings, something else stops working with each update.

I really wish there was code support, like someone who would write drivers that work. I also really need a good clean functional Mimolite garage door device handler.

Huh?, nothing was removed.

I am out of town and do not have any updates in the last few days.
Does the old driver not work with the zwave.alarmV1 edit
It was excess code that was not used in the DH

The zwave.alarmV1 edit does still work

1 Like

Something was either removed or broken, because in 2.1.0 and prior versions the MIMOLite garage door driver driver was working just fine. In 2.1.2 it stopped working and required removing this line:


This line didn't have cause any issues in 2.1.0 and prior.

Is there anything missing or not working in the old driver?
To be clear the old DH was an old SmartThings community driver converted to work with HE.

Submit a feature request for the stock HE DH version it is a first version and they are always improving can not ask for more than that.

I am just happy they have made a stock version which means it will continue to be supported.

Mike, My garage door was opening and closing fine in 2.1.0. In 2.1.2 it no longer opened and closed. Imagine my surprise when I tried to open it and it just didn't open? Are you guys really wanting to argue that I imagined the working state of my garage door controller prior to updating my hub to 2.1.2?

The bottom line is that literally every single update I've applied since 2.x was released has caused something else in my homes setup to stop working. My keypads and HSM are still broken. To the point that I put off applying updates because I dread what is going to happen every time I do so.

I'm not saying it didn't work obviously, I am saying that it's unreasonable to have an expectation that we could even attempt to test every conceivable device with every conceivable driver and application, both built in and user for every release.

The choice to update or not is up to you.

Chuck promptly identified the issue, reviewed the user code and even provided some suggestions to optimize the community driver.

Regarding the MIMOlite driver we included, I opened a feature discussion regarding proposed details of the MIMO2+ driver I was intending to develop and release in 2.1.2, there were no objections to the proposed options, these were then carried over to the lite driver.

I believe it's unrealistic to presume that a inbuilt driver designed for a multi purpose device would or will carry the same options as one designed for a very specific use case.

A MIMOlite can be used as a garage door controller, but the device is not explicitly a garage door controller.


Yup. And, FWIW, I am using the new system driver, and my MIMOlite works fine to control my garage door. Took a bit to set things up again, but I'd rather use the system driver.

In this case, a bug was found in our platform and it was fixed. This exposed the error that you see with this driver. The driver was never right, it was always broken, its just that now the brokenness is exposed to you as an error message instead of being swallowed by the platform. So our option is to continue to have the platform broken so that this broken code can continue to work, or to fix the problem in our platform and you will need to fix the problem in the driver that you added. FYI, removing the line is question is not the right solution, that line should be there, but it needs to be fixed. I posted the suggested fix and some debugging options, no one bothered to do the fix, they just commented out the offending lines.