Migration of Hub Protect/Remote Admin

How does one migrate with a subscription service (hub protect/remote) of a C7 to a new C8? Do I really to deregister the C7 sub and then enroll the C8 with the sub I had?

Please see this post:

i just started a HUB protect on my old C7.. now migrated to C8.. I paid upfront for a year and now your saying I have lost a whole years subscription for near nothing?

No, on the contrary. We can transfer the remaining service to the C-8. You just have to cancel the service (or we can do it for you) on the C-7 and when the time comes to continue the service you will need to subscribe the C-8 directly.

Perfect. I have cancelled the service so I would expect my C8 to pick up the Hub protect service in a few days I guess.

Also remote admin applies to all registered hubs on your account. There is no limit.

I just migrated from my C-7 to my C-8 and now find that my Hub Protect subscription - WHICH JUST RENEWED YESTERDAY - doesn't transfer to my new C-8. So now the $30 I just paid yesterday for a year of Hub Protect is wasted and you want another $30 to protect my new hub.

FORGET IT!

You may want to retract this and read the forum a little to understand how this really gets handled...

11 Likes

There have been multiple posts in the past week or two about this exact scenario.

8 Likes

Maybe look around the forum a little or ask some questions before launching salvos... :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Dude... Seriously?
Judge Judy No GIF by Agent M Loves Gifs

I completely agree that it would have been prudent for the OP to come in a little less hot since this has been discussed ad nauseum since the C-8 release. I would, however, suggest to the Hubitat team that next time a new hub is released, they just come out and have an option when you're setting up your new hub, "do you want to transfer your Hub Protect Subscription to your new Hub?" (Given the extended warranty, I get that there can't be an option to just transfer willy nilly whenever.) If they don't want to spend the time developing that, they could just put right on the product page that when someone purchases a new hub they have a 1-time opportunity to transfer their Hub Protect subscription.

The above could maybe nip some of the grumpiness/misunderstanding in the bud.

3 Likes

To be fair they are doing this as a kindness. They aren't obligated to. The subscription is normally for a specific hub and stays with that hub. Buy a new hub outside of that subscription and usually you have to get an additional subscription, upgrade or not.

1 Like

Right, I get that, but they did, in fact, decide to do that out of kindness, so since that decision was made, it seems like it would maybe have been better to "officially" do it or create a way that Bobby didn't have to manually tweak a bunch of stuff, with the added benefit that people don't get momentarily pissed before realizing that all is well.

That's the plan, we just didn't get a chance to get to it, yet. But thanks for your feedback....

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.