Migration from Wink

Hello! I’m migrating from WINK and have been reading so many posts and the more I read the more I get conflicting thoughts. THe reason to move is Local control and to have a SINGLE bridge. But here is what I have:
Lurton Caseta 14 devices (in wall switch, in wall dimmer, Plug in DImmer)
PD-6WCL-WH (5)
PD-6ANS-WH (4)
PD-3PCL-WH (5)
Leviton Plug in Dimmer DZPD3-2BW (10)
Leviton Decor Smart Dimmer DZ6HD-1BZ (1)
GE Outdoor Smart Switch (1)
Wink Relay Switch (1) Ican change that out.
IKEA - Gateway and TRÅDFRI driver for Under Cabinet lighting - 2 in tandem with Puck 5 button remote (I only use on/off)

I’m willing to spend the money to do this right. . . But I do not want to have to have multiple bridges and hubs. . Just one Hubitat.....
Do i have to keep the IKEA Gateway? Get a NEW Lurton Pro Gateway? All to run on Hubitat? Seems redundant. . Help? !

Paul

1 Like

Lutron did not license Clear Connect to Hubitat so you must use the Caseta Pro bridge. It communicates with Hubitat using Telnet. It works quite well. All my lighting, switches and dimmers, are Lutron Caseta. I have two Caseta Pro hubs in order to accommodate the number of Caseta devices.

4 Likes

As stated above you need the Pro bridge for caseta. IMO worth it, I don't think I'd go with any other switch. The wink relay you can root and make it a general control pad, not for the faint of heart but doable, everything else on your list should work fine.

2 Likes

While it may seem to be redundant, I actually find it somewhat liberating to use the best in class devices and integrate them together.

The Lutron Caseta SmartBridge Pro2 works great with Hubitat, and can also be directly integrated with Amazon Alexa, Google Home, Apple HomeKit, Logitech Harmony Hub, Ecobee, SmartThings, Home Assistant, etc...

Many find the same benefits of using a Philips Hue bridge.

Both of these can be integrated with Hubitat via local, LAN connectivity for wonderful cloud-free control and automation.

Just something to consider...

1 Like

The TRÅDFRI driver should work with HE but there have been varying reports about it's stability, worst case you'd need to change out the driver.
Gateway and 5 button Remote, not at this time.