Migration from C5 to C8 fails

I recently attempted to migrate from c5 to C8. The cloud backup failed a couple of times and then was successful. When I tried to use the migrate, it said it failed. The hub came up and looks ok, the only thing that seems to not work as expected is the zigbee graph which gives a 404 error.
I have tried a local backup and recovery and that fails as it has been 4 hours and it is still on the "Please wait" screen.
Suggestions: or do I just start building from scratch..

See this post:

Some users have had luck downgrading to 2.3.5 and trying, or it's expected to be fixed with the next release (no timeline).

2 Likes

Here is how to downgrade to 2.3.5 on the source hub and work around it.

3 Likes

There are likely a large number of C5 owners(me included) who upgraded to the C8 during the Black Friday sale who are likely waiting for this to be resolved. Is there any timeline on this?

1 Like

The next release is a massive update, and our beta users are working hard to keep our engineers busy. There is no time line when the beta will be wrapped up, but if you want to get started migrating from C5, we can enroll your hubs in the beta temporarily. If that is something you'd like to do, please send me a private message along with both hub IDs.

1 Like

The timeline for Hubitat is always: when its ready.

There are two other solutions besides waiting for the 2.3.7 release. You can downgrade the C5 to 2.3.5 and take a new backup, OR you can enroll in the beta test. With either path, after migrating you can then install the current 2.3.6 stable release version on the C8 if you want.

1 Like

Entered the Beta Program for my C-5 Hub and upgraded to 2.3.7.132, Did a cloud backup and restored to the C-8 Hub on 2.3.6.144 (the version it came with). All went very smoothly. Devices just worked. Had to reauthorized alexa, that was the only real chore and only because I had to relearn how to do it.
Nothing short of amazing. Backup C-5. Get Coffee. Restore to C-8. Get Coffee. Test and Tweek and Done.

4 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: [2.3.7.134] Migration from C5 to C8 Question