Migration C7 to C7 missing z-wave devices

End goal is to have Zigbee on the Original C7, Z-Wave on the new C7, and move my rules and automations to my original C5.

I attempted to migrate from an existing C7 to a new C7 with the goal to separate and place my z-wave devices on the new C7. Migration completes however there are no z-wave devices migrated.
I have tried this several times.

Not sure what to try next.

How are you doing the migration? Using a cloud backup (which includes the zwave radio database) or a local backup (which does not)?

Yes. I am using the cloud backup.

1 Like

When you select restore, are you including the zwave radio?

Absolutely. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Tagging @support_team

I am selecting the prince-C7-ha-02 backup and using that to migrate to the ha-01.

1 Like

There’s something wrong with your cloud backup. It’s too small in size.

Tagging @bcopeland.

Also have you updated your hub’s zwave radio firmware?

The original C7 (ha-02) is 1MB. The ha-01 is a backup of the new C7, before I attempted any migrations. All of my cloud backups for the prince-C7-02 are 1MB.

As for the the radio version, it is up to date:
VersionReport(zWaveLibraryType:7, zWaveProtocolVersion:7, zWaveProtocolSubVersion:18, firmware0Version:7, firmware0SubVersion:18, hardwareVersion:1, firmwareTargets:1, targetVersions:[[target:1, version:7, subVersion:15]])

I just performed a new cloud backup and attempted to migrate that backup.
Migration completed, no z-wave.
Devices are present in the devices list, just not present in the radio.

Yeah - hopefully @support_team will step in.

1 Like

Thanks Aaiyar!

1 Like

Can you PM me both hub id’s and identify which one is the original.

2 Likes

Sent.
Thanks Bryan.

1 Like

For giggles, do the firmware update on the z-wave settings page, shut down the hub, unplug power (at the wall not the hub) for 5 mins and power back up. Do the cloud restore again. Shutdown. Unplug power for 5 mins. Power back up. See if anything changes

1 Like

There is no option to do the update. Option does not appear if your up to date.
Interesting though.. It does appear on the device "after" I migrate.
hmmm...
I can try the migration again, however I will wait for confirmation from Bryan. Do not want to step on anything he may be doing.

Thanks.

Updating firmware on New hub and repeating the migration process did not migrate the z-wave devices.

Dumb question (I only asked because when I migrated one of my hubs it didn't work because I failed to check it the first time.)

If your password is wrong for the cloud backup it won't migrate properly. (I also made this mistake) Just some things to look at but hopefully @bcopeland found something in your enginieering logs.

1 Like

Hi.
Great question.
I believe it is fine.
If the password was wrong, I assume it would not even connect to the cloud, and I would not see any of the cloud based backups. Additionally if it failed connecting I believe it would show a message or alert on the console top right.

1 Like

Ok one last thing I'll attempt to throw out here (I mean it can't hurt).

On old hub. Make sure you do not have any ghosts on old hub. Do fresh cloud backup.

Reset z-wave radio. Reset zigbee radio. Soft reset hub. When it comes up restore from cloud and include z-wave database. (Make sure old hub is off)

I say this only because the only thing I can think of is that the z-wave radio has somehow become corrupt.

Note .234 is out with a fix for C7 to C7 migration. That also might help your issue. yourhubip>>settings>>check for update

2 Likes