Migrating issue

C7 to C8. I subscribe to Hub Protect and did a cloud back up (and a local one because I have had issues with cloud back ups) before migrating. The new hub didn't see any cloud back ups (no option for 'this hub only") so I used my local copy. That didn't migrate the Zwave/Zigbee info. I'm back on the old hub but feeling I bricked the new one (at least until I hear from support).

I doubt you have anything to worry about for that C-8.

First, it does not hurt to have Hub Protect but in your specific example description, it's not a help or a hinderance.

You'd start any C-7 to C-8 migration by clicking, on the C-7: Settings: Backup & Restore, then clicking the create for migration option:

Screenshot 2023-05-18 at 5.02.37 PM
Once that completes, power down the C-7. It becomes a ready-to-use backup if the next steps fail.

Because you've tried this on the C-8, it's time to get it back to 'factory fresh"...

Settings: Z-Wave Details and click Reset:
Screenshot 2023-05-18 at 5.04.52 PM

Then:
Settings: Zigbee Details and click Reset:
Screenshot 2023-05-18 at 5.06.12 PM

The final step to Factory Fresh is to soft reset. Using the Diagnostic Menu, login and click Soft Reset.

When the C-8 finishes resetting, rebooting, It displays this Welcome screen:

Take note of, and click Migrating from another Hub
Screenshot 2023-05-18 at 5.10.02 PM

That takes you right into the Cloud Restore process. ONLY a Cloud restore will provide ZWave and Zigbee device migration.

3 Likes

Thanks, what I figured, except the soft Soft Reset button is grayed out.

Are you getting the login prompt ? "grayed out" would mean you're not logged into the Diag menu:

Screenshot 2023-05-18 at 7.36.40 PM

You can see that behind the login prompt is a fully grayed out menu.

2 Likes

I managed to do the soft reset today (yesterday's problem was introduced between chair and keyboard). When I restarted the hub it found the cloud back ups, all seems well.

3 Likes