Migrating from C7 to C8 (need to move subscription)

I've migrated from a C7 to a C8 successfully but can't figure out how to migrate the annual subscription i just purchased in January. I found a few support docs saying I need cancel my original subscription then contact support. I've performed the cancel step on line but can't figure out how to contact support. Can I get some guidance on next steps?

Fill out this form:

I've filled out the form above on Friday. Do you know how long it takes for the team to respond? I have received a confirmation email from the form which was a little concerning.

I also can't deregister my old C7 from my account (which I plan to give to my friend) because the 1 year active subscription says pending cancellation which I assume is because it needs to wait out to the end of the original year. Not sure how to fix all this or do I just need to wait for the Hubitat team to respond.

I posted my request to migrate the subscription but haven't heard back. Any idea how this is suppose to work?

I'm trying to migrate my subscription from old C7 34:e1:d1:81:20:f8 to my new C8 34:E1:D1:81:88:50. Can we please migration the subscription soon. I'm worried about not having cloud backups.

I tried to move my subscription to my replacement c8 because I needed to do a migration. Hubitat supports form wouldn't except the Mac address from either hub. Clunky system, I should be able to move my subscription to another hub or have an automated way of doing so. I'm just going to return the the new hub. I didn't have time to wait on them. I would have had to redo my entire Zwave network manually and my zigbee. The Zigbee on Replacement C8 works the same as original C8 so yeah.

I’m replacing my C7 (34:e1:d1:81:20:f8) with a C8 (34:E1:D1:81:88:50) and was trying to transfer my “Hub Protect + Remote Admin” annual subscription. I read the public forms and they say you need to open a support request. So begins my journey down the difficult support channel.

1. 3/16/2023. Create a support request to the support link. Waited, no response, no achnologed email they had gotten my request.
  2. 3/21/2023. Assuming my first support request didn’t go through, I created another support request.
  3. 3/22/2023. I did receive an email saying they had received my support request and was working on it.
  4. 3/24/2023. I received an email saying Hub Protect + Remote Admin was transferred to my C8.

I check my C8 and while it does say on line it’s “protected” the cloud backup solutions aren’t working. I tried rebooting. No positive effect. I tried reenabling the subscription and it charged my card a second time for $29.99 and added a second subscription to the same device. Now I have 2 subscriptions and I don’t have cloud backups working. How do we resolve the following 2 problems.

1. Refund the $29.99 to my credit card for the duplicate subscriptions.
  2. Restore cloud backups for my C8 (34:E1:D1:81:88:50)

Please advise.

Might consider removing the MAC addresses from your post and send them in a message to @support_team

1 Like

Usually it takes 24 hours for the service to become available, but a reboot should fix that. Please send me a private message and I'll take a look to see what went wrong.

I'm assuming you're saying to directly post to @support_team in this form space. I began my search for support on https://support.hubitat.com/. Which doesn't present that as path to supporting paid issues. The only support I could find is this form: Subscriptions – Hubitat Support. How do we get the support path to be more efficient / direct?

Got it, I'll wait 48 hours to be safe and see were we stand. I'll let you know either way.

So it looks like you had the bundle on your C-7 and subscribed the C-8 to Hub Protect only, after we transferred the service. While the new service is not refundable, I extended your Remote Admin service to match the new Hub Protect, so that both expire in March of next year. If you'd like to continue with the bundle on the C-8, you'd then need to subscribe the C-8 to the bundle next year.

The C8 has started cloud backups. Issue resolved.

OP should still consider doing this. But I’m glad to hear the issue was resolved.

However I’d also point out that this user’s issue is probably unrelated. And as has been pointed out elsewhere, migration directly from an existing hub to a new C8 doesn’t require a hub protect subscription (for now at least).

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.