Migrated Z-Wave, everything seems to work, but Topology and map are sparce

Finaly got my C8 to Migrate to the Pro and I think somewhere I read that it will take some time for the Z-Wave info to populate, but its been many hours and it looks like the "routes" have changed and updated from nothing, but the Topology map and graph are Red or sparce lacking any connections.

I feel as everything is working, a bit sluggish at times, but that has been plaguing me for a bit.. I got rid of ghosts and everything was great before the migration. I guess things are working "ok" but as you see, blank?

I am trying to avoid doing a full repair as i was told its not the best thing to do, but perhaps this is an exception?

1 Like

Give the topology about 48 hours to bake in before worrying too much.

1 Like

Isn't it a good thing that the z-wave devices connect directly to the hub?
What's the limit for z-wave? I forget.

I personally think that chart looks great! I wish mine looked like that! I've never seen a z-wave chart looking so neat!

1 Like

Just curious, have you ran a full Z-Wave repair prior to migration without any failures?

Mine settled after about 72 hours.

1 Like

I did not run a full repair.

Would it be beneficial to run one now unfortunately?

Yes, I would. At least it will tell you if you have any bad players.

1 Like

Looks like some things are updating.. a weird one, but the weird ones seem to be all battery powered devices.

i'll run a full repair , but things seem good.

2 Likes

What does your z-wave details page look like?

I think things are getting back to "normal"
I airgapped a lot of the switches and then refreshed and repaired.
i will let this settle for a bit, and then perhaps run a Z-Wave repair again
but here are my lists.

routes should happen as devices wake up. Wait about 24-48 hours.

2 Likes

Yep, this. No need to keep doing repairs just for the sake of trying to hurry anything along - the mesh should be fine and will sort itself out in the next day or so.

2 Likes

When I migrated to my C8, IIRC mine took at least three days, maybe a bit longer, to fully re-populate.

1 Like

From my personal experience: if you want immediate update Z-Wave diagram just reboot a hub.
If I change my Z-Wave network I am usually run network healing and reboot hub.

I have rebooted for other reasons.. I mean, things are working, and I assume that its just doing it's thing. as the days go by, I see things get a little more routey :stuck_out_tongue:
i think just like everyone said, that its a just wait thing.

with that being said, I am adding 6 more z-wave devices this weekend so this will be fun.

1 Like

Make sure you confirm each Z-Wave include attempt is either successful and continue to the next, or failed and stop and make sure to remove any partial entries in the Z-Wave Details table. As @rlithgow1 says:

If you have a failed Z-Wave pairing, STOP! Check your Settings>Z-Wave details page. If a ghost was created (you will see nothing in the routing column), it needs to be removed first. If you don't remove it you will start having problems with your mesh including pairing new devices. After removing the ghost, factory reset the device and attempt to pair it again. Rinse and repeat. This is one of the biggest keys to having a healthy mesh.

Have fun. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have learned my lesson, Ghost Bust'n didn't make me feel good.

1 Like

LOLs!! :rofl:

And agree 100%.

1 Like