Migrated from C-5 (all zwave devices working) to C-8 (now none work)

In migrating from C-5 to C-8, following the instructions I created the cloud backup on the C-5 (after updating), then migrated to it on the C-8 (I selected all 3 options -- Zigbee, Z-wave, and File) but it failed and I got an Internal Error message. Even so, everything seemed to work except the Z-wave devices. I recreated migration backups on the C-5 and loaded them on the C-8 multiple times, rebooted, soft reset, etc. On one migration attempt I did not select any of the options and this one time the migration fully succeeded but still no Z-wave devices worked. The Settings -> Z-Wave Details page shows no Z-wave network on the C-8, but a full and robust one on the C-5. I've search for folks with similar issues, and found one answer dealing with underscores in the user name, but that doesn't apply to me. Any clue how I can get the Z-wave devices to work on the migrated C-8 without trying to exclude/include them all again?

Its a known issue right now

1 Like

That said, I just migrated a C-5 to a C-8 on .146 and it couldn’t have been easier (no z-wave devices on the C-5). I also migrated a C-8 with 288 devices (zigbee, z-wave, 2 Hue bridges) to another C-8 and it also worked perfectly. I think I read that someone had this issue and downgraded to 2.3.5 and was then able to do the migration successfully. There is a way to download that firmware, but I can’t recall.

1 Like

Go to "Diagnostic Tool" and select "Previous Version". On my C7, you can go back 3 versions.

1 Like

Can actually use this endpoint to get the final stable version of any prior major version

HUB.IP/hub/advanced/downloadPlatform/XYZ

Where XYZ = 235 for 2.3.5

Once downloaded you can install from the Diagnostic Tool with the Install Prior Version button.

6 Likes

Thank you! That’s what I couldn’t remember, and was way too tired to look up.