Migrate C5 to C7 questions

I am getting ready to migrate all my rules and Zwave (I know I will have to re-pair Zigbee)

But I wanted to make sure I understood the document correctly.

I only need to get Hub Protect on C5 to migrate it over to C7?

What happen to Hub Protect once I complete the migrate and take C5 offline to factory reset and probably put it up for sale?

I read that Hub Protect is non-transferable between hub? So I am basically paying 30 dollar to migrate and then Hub Protect is useless because I can't take it off my C5 and put it on C7 for the remainder of the subscription service?

If so, I find it odd just to by a year subscriptions service for something that we would only wound up using for an hour.

I would have to pay another 30 to protect my C7? I understand C7 don't need subscription to migrate over from C5 correct?

I wouldn't mind paying 30 for C7 if it would let me back up C5 and migrate over to C7 since I won't be using C5 anymore.

Don't get me wrong I am not complaining but I wanted to make sure I understood this correctly before I start migrating that I will need to pay 30 on C5 to be able to mirgate all my zwave, rules and apps over to C7.

thank you

Your understanding is correct, with the exception that you can add a second hub for $19.95 per year.

Hubitat has positioned Hub Protect as a hub warranty service and not a migration service.

5 Likes

I saw a post by @bobbyD on FB a couple weeks ago stating that if you are decommissioning your C5 after the transfer then if you contact support they are willing to change the Hub Protection over to the C7.

Bobby; please confirm that I read your post correctly.

3 Likes

That is correct.

5 Likes

Awesome .. Thanks for the head up!

Hoping someone can help. I'm migrating from C5 to C7.
Followed all the steps. Did a Z-Wave Repair on the C5.
Disabled the lock manager.
Backed up the C5 to Cloud.
Shutdown C5.
Started C7 (It's Registered).
Went To "Backup and Restore" in settings.
Clicked the cloud tab.
Picked the recent C5 Backup I just performed.
Migrated it and Clicked the "Migrate Z-Wave Radio" Tab.

It went through process. No errors reported, But nothing moved over. No device or apps. Not sure what went wrong. Any ideas out there?

This is odd. Please send me a PM so we can further investigate.

Bobby,
What's a PM?

Private Message

My Hub Protect C5 has been screwing up constantly (The one I'm migrating from). If I reboot I loss all my setting and apps. It even does this through out the day.

How do you do a private message? Is it through email?

Click on his picture and it will give you an option to send a Message

2 Likes

Thank you