Micro Switch ZigBee to turn roof fan speed controller on and off using Hubitat?

Hi guys,

I have a device to control (on/off and) the rpm of a fan located on top of an air vent on the roof of my house. I am not sure 'speed controller' as google translate suggests when translating from Swedish covers the functionality of the device (it's not a dimmer)? Anyway. I have not found any such devices with built in zigbee functionality, so I thought I might ad an on/off device with zigbee functionality to the powercord of the speed controller while keeping the speed controller on a desired rpm. The goal with this excersise is to connect a humidity sensor from the shower room to Hubitat and then control the speed controller to the roof fan using the zigbee on off/device. I am not trained in electirical things. What do you experts say, could it work?

I have a several fans on on/off switches (Invelli 120v) and they work great. You would need to ensure that the switch you get supports the wattage of your fan. If it does, it should work.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.