Mi Connector and Xiaomi

Sorry, other then trying the other driver I've got no other ideas. It's pretty weird as I would have thought the on/off functionality would be the same across the range.

Hi everyone,

Have installed everything and all is working fine but I have mi air purifier 3h which is not supported by mi-connector

Has anyone found a way to add it?
TIA

SOLVED:

1. Removed docker image fison67/mi-connector:latest
  2. Installed docker image fison67/mi-connector:0.0.5
  3. Added additional entry in in the smart app code line 349:
    params.type == "zhimi.airpurifier.mb3"

worked like a charm.

Hope it is helpful for other people with this air purifier

1 Like

Hi, I am able to connect my Robotrock using vacuums driver. I got the token using a modified android app emulated on my computer.

I can see all the vaccum parameters ( Current States) : cleanArea, battery... but when I try to send a command I get:

Any idea how to fix this ?

Hi,

I am having trouble when I try to create device for my Air Purifier.
I was using this device integration with my ST hub and I was able to control my Air Purifier.

Now I installed the hubitat version of app and air purifier device.
Everything is configured same.
When I run the smart app, I guess , I just have to enter the server IP with port (192.168.254.199:30000)
then I just need to map the device, right ?

But unfortunately , the device pulldown does not show any devices.

I checked the Mi Connector server configuration and it seems the " Smartthings Settings" section is showing correct settings (IP http://192.168.254.240/apps/api/ , and other settings like access token, app id are correct)

Why can't it find my device ?

I just installed the air purifier device.
Should I also install other device types from the repo ? (I guess no, because on ST I did not)

logs only say :

app:1662021-03-19 15:28:02.828 debuginitialize
app:1662021-03-19 15:28:02.827 debugUpdated with settings: [selectedLang:English,address:192.168.254.199:30000, externalAddress:192.168.254.199:30000]

how can I troubleshoot ?

Did you install miconnector using docker? The docker images are much more up to date than the ones on github.

I had installed it using docker. And it works with my ST hub.

the problem occured on my Hubitat.

maybe I should update the docker image.
is it possible to do that without resetting the configuration ?

Don't know - I'm currently on 0.05 and I see that there is 0.06 just released. The author is occasionally here but best to open an issue on github.

yes, you can write whatever image file to the container you want. I've done this repeatedly with different versions of mi connector. I'd look into portainer. It is a container for docker that gives you a web UI for docker containers.

I'm really worried about this.

is there a way to update ?

Should I just delete the docker image and start with a fresh one ?

I want to install a fresh copy of the docker image and configure from fresh.
But I don't want to lose the working ST configuration.

How can I backup the docker image with current db and settings ?

I don'T want to install anything new because my PI is already working at limits.

Well, wherever you have your config located, that is what you would backup. But I have uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times. Since mi connector offers a webpage for your setup, it is as simple as going to http://(RASPBERRYPIADDRESS):30000/ and manually entering the hubitat address, app ID, and access token. Same thing for the database. As far as backing up goes, you don't really need to.

ok, but since I have a working ST integration, I don't want to break it before making Hubitat integration work.
if I uninstall, I will also lose the maria db , correct ?
because it is in the docker image , and really I would prefer to lose it because I believe the previous ST integration causes Hubitat failure.

how can I backup maria db and then delete the image before installing fresh ?

you do not. need. to backup. You're not changing your maria database information at all. It is still located in the same exact place. The maria DB is not in the mi connecter docker container. They are two separate containers with two separate images. If you have gone to the website on the port I mentioned, it should be painfully evident that all you have to do is make your fresh install and input the exact information that is already in the settings section under Smartthings Settings and DB Settings. I'm really not sure where the confusion is coming from. Mi Connecter is sending information to the database and to Smartthings. To accomplish this, you put the IP address, port, and password for the DB (which has nothing to do with mi connector outside of the fact Mi Connector has the information about where Maria DB is) into the appropriate sections in the settings of mi connector. For the hub installation, you enter the IP address, app ID, and access token.

But then I won'T have a fresh maria db.
What if the problem comes from the DB and I want to have a fresh maria db ?

but these are entered by the smart app , arent they ? because when I configure the smart app, it registers hubitat address to Mi Connector settings.
so are the tokens ?

maybe I'm just doing a mistake while installing.
there 's no great instruction.

please help me if you can. I did these steps:

• I already have a working Mi Connector docker image running and working with my ST hub.
  • I installed the app and device driver on Hubitat hub.
  • added the user app
  • configured server address as "192.168.254.199:30000"
  • go to device mapping , but no devices are listed
  • complete the installation
  • reopen app , check device mapping
  • no devices listed

is there anything wrong with these installation steps ?

Not that I can see. I am no expert. I know for my purposes (mi flora) I needed to use test version 3. of mi connector. On the settings page at the webpage, you should be able to change the information from smartthings to hubitat and back. The same is true of maria DB. I couldn't see the DB being an issue since it is nothing more than in intermediary step. If you have whatever devices you are looking for in smartthings, and they aren't populating on hubitat, I would suggest you make sure you have the correct drivers installed. if there is nothing wrong with your smartthings setup, and you are moving to hubitat while planning to keep your smartthings hub online, I'd suggest you look into hub link. That way you have to change nothing and will still be able to control whatever device it is you cannot discover.

thanks.

the problem is solved.
I have a new model of purifier and I noticed that it was not being supported by the smart app.
I just added the required string and then made a small modification to the driver.

but even after that , adding the device from smart app on Hubitat did not work.
I was just able to add the device from MiConnector GUI , and the device was created on Hubitat.

it works. but can't still see the device on smart app mapping page.
weird.
I wish the author of the app was interested to solve. I also wrote this situation in a Github issue but noone seems interested.

1 Like

Glad to here it's sort of solved. It can take a while for the author to respond tho.

For anyone, like me, who wound up here in regards to Mi Flora sensors, I think I found a much better option. It does not integrate with hubitat directly, but it does offer a very clean UI, quick data refresh, battery levels, a dashboard with charts, and it works with both the Chinese and international version of the flora sensor as well as any old parrot sensors you’ve got hanging around.

WatchFlower

2 Likes

Guys,
Anyone knows how to deal with roborock s6 maxv? Mi connector tells me that device is not supported - i installed it using option :latest.

Thanks.
Zbigniew