MH10-PM2.5 Driver help

Maybe one more thing...

I updated all Carbon Dioxide to Air Quality and CarbonDioxide to AirQuality and now I see this

Thanks @thebearmay!
@toy4rick You can not change the capability to Air quality, that one has to be CarbonDioxide as Hubitat does not support Air Quality as a capability.

OK TY, that worked... So in Current States, I will always say Carbon Dioxide but it will be used as an Air Quality value

Thanks again
Rick

Edit: Wait, now I see an Air Quality in Current States along with a CD :slight_smile:

Couldn't use it as a capability, but the attribute name could change if the capability wasn't declared. Similar to using the Actuator capability to cover a need for generic attributes. Big thing is that you are now getting the values in a useful manner.

Since HE doesn't see it as an Air Quality device but as either a CD/CO/Temp device, how can I trigger off the AQ value? Tried using a custom attribute but no luck

Edit: Is this something the HE team needs to enable? @mike.maxwell

Looks like you should still be able to click you carbonDioxide attribute

Yes been trying that however it's not tied to the AQ value so it won't trigger a test rule

Nothing in the logs for this rule yet AQ value changes are being recorded in the device events page

What am I missing?

Looks like it should work, but RM isn't my regular rule engine.

@mike.maxwell any thoughts on how I can get access to the Air Quality value to use in RM?

Thanks

Easiest way might be to declare an attribute entry named carbonDioxide right under the one called firmware. This should make the attribute discoverable by RM.

attribute “carbonDioxide”, ”number”

Thanks for the tip

In this case, this device is not a Co2 sensor but an air quality sensor
The Air Quality value is being displayed by the driver but no way to use it in RM, at least that I can find so far

Or maybe I'm just not understanding

Same idea:

attribute “airQuality”, “number”

(might want to do the same for humidty and temperature too)

If you don’t declare them they’re transient and RM can’t discover them.

TY very much, that was the trick :grinning:

As I said, I'm not a developer so some times it takes a bit for me to catch on

Thanks again

You’re doing fine. We’ll have you writing your own apps within the year :sunglasses:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.