Meross Smart Plug MSS110

I just got my Hubitat and tried to install the Meross Smart Plug MSS110. It apparently needs a plugin. Since I am new to Hubitat, I need a tutorial on getting a plugin and also how to install it.

The plugs work fine with SmartThings Aeotec. This is a new plug that I have not used previously.

Welcome to Hubitat!

Wifi/cloud-based devices like Meross are not generally supported in Hubitat via an official integration; however, community developers sometimes come up with a community solution... When I searched the community forum here for "Meross", here's what I found:

Meross - :bellhop_bell: Get Help / Integrations - Hubitat

Meross stuff worked on SmartThings because SmartThings still natively leverages utilizes the cloud for supporting wifi devices like Meross. OTOH, Hubitat generally avoids cloud-based solutions in favor of local control -- that's the main difference between ST and HE.

Like most experienced Hubitat users around here, I would encourage you to consider avoiding cloud-based devices like Meross in favor of z-wave or zigbee devices (since they allow for local control and are not dependent on unreliable cloud servers).

There are a lot of zigbee and z-wave plugs natively supported by Hubitat, and the price points can be inline with cloud-based devices.

Before buying any additional devices, the Hubitat device compatibility list can be a helpful first reference: List of Compatible Devices | Hubitat Documentation

1 Like

Thanks. This is very helpful. I looked at the list and will stay with Zigbee and Z-wave.

2 Likes

If you want to use wifi plugs, there are a few that can be managed locally without the cloud services involved. The Kasa series from TP Link are popular.

1 Like