Meross dropping IFTTT support, alternatives?

Hi all,

In a move guaranteed to alienate customers, Meross has just announced that they will be dropping IFTTT support from 30 November, The informal Hubitat driver OAuth link does not work and the setup seems too complicated to operate. Any pointers for a habitat compatible garage opener besides Aeotec please?

Check this thread

1 Like

Get the Tuya zigbee garage door controller described in this thread:

There’s a Hubitat device driver for it by @kkossev. Pairs as a zigbee device to Hubitat, and eliminates the need for a separate door sensor to be purchased.

3 Likes

And then there's this, using a Shelly 1:

1 Like

Thanks - I'm pretty new to this, so excuse the noob question - my garage door just needs two contacts shorted to open - no current, just the closing of a circuit. I see a lot of switches that carry current, but none that just closes a circuit - is that what they mean by "dry contact" on the Shelly data sheet?

1 Like

Yup, there is a dry contact output (relay) on the Shelly 1.
Connect it directly to your GDO instead of a Security 2.0 Pushbutton.

pic from moh

https://www.amazon.com/Universal-ZEN17-Sprinklers-Compatible-SmartThings/dp/B096LLL1C6

Assuming you are in north america

Yup.

The Tuya opener that I linked to also works the same way.

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

If you want to stick with Wi-Fi (but with built in drivers, local control) and already have a contact sensor installed for your Meross... take a look at this vid:

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.