Memory is low

One way to troubleshoot would be to disable one app or driver at a time to see if that makes a difference. I would start with ones that work over your LAN, for example Homebridge (not suggesting that’s necessarily the culprit, just an example). Tedious, I admit.

But since it’s entirely possible that any given user who reports a problem here does have a different issue, specific to what’s running on their hub, that should be ruled out first IMHO.

2 Likes

But worth it! It took me the better part of a week, deleting one thing after another, to find the culprit. I am currently at 12 1/2 days uptime (with 400MB ) vs. the 4 days uptime I was getting previously.

3 Likes

I find on 3 hubs, a C-5, a C-7, and a C-8, if I stop doing Backups I get more than 30+ days before memory drops to 90MB when my rule reboots the hub.

1 Like

that might be an idea to try after a few backups and no changes dont really need any till next firmware update (unless your making changes obviously).. wonder if threre are urls to turn on and off backups.. if there are i havent heard of them.. that would alleviate an issue with this approach namely forgetting to turn backups back on after an update.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.