Mark a backup so it can't be overwritten during nightly backup

Eh, all my zwave is on my C4 hub. External zwave stick.

Still doesn't help if the stick dies.

Speaking from a hub dying perspective. Not much you can do if the stick is up the spout. We have two sticks on ours, Z-wave and Zigbee.

You need to translate for the rest of us poor souls who speak some other odd language. :wink:

1 Like

Stick is down the swanny
Or down the creek

1 Like

I was wondering. When I did theatre (50 years ago) we used linear (slide) dimmers.

Haha, happy to oblige Squire. :joy:

Up the spout , gone wrong, ruined, failed or lost, is a slang expression from the British Isles of considerable age, being first recorded early in the nineteenth century. It’s still common:"

1 Like

Sadly this country detached from the motherland before that time and went our merry ways making up new things as we went along.:grinning:

1 Like

Time to get my own back "our" hahaha :joy: :+1:

1 Like

When I grew up we used the expression "up the spout" synonymously with "in the (pudding) club". Probably an age-related thing.

1 Like

I was just sayin, that we also use the same term for that too :joy:

1 Like

So PC hahaha, love it!

1 Like

Sorry - I jumped ahead on the posts and missed that!

1 Like

No. I PM'd @Royski.

2 Likes

@JNS

Jim - you see how every conversation here starts out very seriously with cogent arguments on all sides, and then degenerates into schoolyard humour? :joy:

I guess that's a good thing - I'm not the only one who's an overgrown schoolboy!

3 Likes

Agreed. This is supposed to be fun.

2 Likes

And you will need to stay after class this evening.

1 Like

Fixed!

1 Like

Hahahaha brilliant!!!

1 Like

What the hell was this thread about?

3 Likes

It was about people who don't make backups and then lose their minds when the inevitable happens.

3 Likes