Marantz Driver

Now that we have an Onkyo/Denon and Pioneer driver are there any hopes we'll get a Marantz driver?

sure, you volunteering to work with me to test it?, if so send me a PM and we'll discuss it

actually, in reviewing the Marantz command set, it appears identical to the Denon command set, have a run with that driver and let me know how it goes.

Marantz and Denon share the same parent company

Absolutely!

Seems to work perfectly!

2 Likes

I always thought it was Onkyo and Denon that had the same parent company but you're right.

1 Like

Now that we have the drivers for A/V systems are their any hopes of having them made usable in Rule Machine as a "Music Player" or even a category of their own?

1 Like

Yes, a pending capability needs to be implemented.
Music player just doesn't work for an avr.

1 Like

So I added the Denon driver as a Virtual device and input the IP of my Marantz SR6010.

The device immediately captured an input and the current state of the volume, HOWEVER when I attempt to send a command, I receive

[dev:2274](http://192.168.7.201/logs#dev2274)2019-01-23 07:36:00.006 am [error](http://192.168.7.201/device/edit/2274)telnet connect error:Connection refused (Connection refused
Any thoughts or ideas?

Do I need to specify a port in the Preferences section of the driver?

Make sure your Marantz is setup to allow network control.

On a related note, are these drivers not regarded as Music Players/Speech Devices?

No, they aren't. Supposedly the powers that be are working on setting up a new category so we can apply rules and whatnot to the AVR's.

Any chance this would work with a global cache ip to serial adapter and a marantz avr?

I honestly doubt it. I wouldn’t expect this adapter to have the same responses as a direct telnet connection. Not saying you couldn’t get it to work with a custom driver but don’t believe the stock driver would work.

@mike.maxwell any hope for getting additional commands added to the Denon/Marantz AVR driver?

My Marantz receiver remote has the four multi-colored “smart select” buttons that can save and recall a group of settings like input, volume, surround mode, etc.

It would be cool to be able to automate those remote control button pushes based on rule machine or other app triggers.

Thanks for all your work on this and other drivers!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.