Malware site at myhubitat*.com*

I did not know where to send this and could not find a way to connect directly with the Hubitat staff.

I accidentally typed myhubitat*.com* (the asterisks are to make it not clickable in this message) instead of my.hubitat.com. It is clearly a malware site. I reported it to google but wanted to let the community know.

Thanks

2 Likes

FYI that won’t work. The forum software will still turn the text before the asterisk into a link.

Also I’m not sure what you’re seeing at that site, but it doesn’t “clearly” look like anything to me. See screenshot below.

Thank you. I edited it to make it unclickable.

When I returned to the site after posting this, I got the same site you did above. However, when I tried a different browser I got the fake Microsoft site again. It did leave cookies that I have deleted. I will leave additional investigation to others.

Thanks again.

I got a fake Apple site when I visited the URL, so it must be constantly changing or pointing to different content at random.

In any case, I don't really see what Hubitat can do about something using a domain they don't own, besides maybe report such use to the registrar (as anyone can) and see if anything comes of it.

2 Likes

Did you include the period between my and hubitat? If not looks like it's a parked domain to try and snag people that type the address wrong. my.hubitat.com goes it is supposed to.

I believe that’s exactly the point the OP made in the OP:

2 Likes

Thanks for the suggestion. I looked up the registrar and sent an abuse report. Who knows whether that will help.

However, I do think it is in Hubitat's best interest to do anything they can when someone is trying to scam their customers. Even if it is just making a report.

Thanks again.

1 Like