MakerAPI and Homebridge No Longer Working?

I run Homebridge on a Mac Mini running Mojave.

Did an update to both Homebridge itself from 1.2.x to 1.3.x and a few plugins that were out of date.

I have Z-Wave blinds via a Hubitat hub that work fine via the home app directly but Siri will no longer do so by voice. Says there is no response from the blinds. Similarly a Philips dimmer (via hue bridge homekit) will no longer raise/lower them when I push the buttons Ive mapped in homekit to open/close them. 2 other buttons do work for lights also mapped to the dimmer, so the dimmer itself is responsive, its just not firing the blind commands.

The blinds are exposed via the hubitat-maker-api plugin and it was updated for the first time in awhile so it may be an issue with it. Whats got me stumped is the device still works through home app if I manually hit its icon in the app, though there is a bit of a delay. I can even go into the blind and raise to a specific % and its responsive. Its just the "automations" around it (Siri and Homekit switch mapping) aren't working.

Ive tried restarting my Mac/Homebridge and even my router (eero Mesh) thinking it might be network related. A Zwave doorlock also using the maker-api plugin is similarily still kinda working. Siri will tell me if the door is locked or not, but if I ask it to lock or unlock the door I get a similar not responding error message, yet I can do so via the Home app directly. Its also giving the locked unlock notifications properly... Just very strange that Siri and automations are no longer working.

I just updated hubitat C5 to 2.2.6 as well. Not sure if there was an update to the maker-api app on hubitat though.

Do you know which mDNS Advertiser you are using for HomeBridge?

1 Like

Ciao though it was autodetecting my network interface. Ive set it to en0 (my ethernet port).

I did test HAP-Bonjour as well but no change.

And now even using the home app, the entire thing is delayed, if it even works at all.

Hmmm... then I'm not sure what the problem is. You could try switching from MakerAPI to Homebridge Hubitat v2.0.

No issues so far with 2.2.6 and Homebridge Hubitat V2 that I’ve seen.

What device are you using for Siri? Is it all your ios devices with siri that are having problems or just 1 device? I had a similar problem not to long ago when i made some large changes. I just restarted the devices I was having problems with. I haven't noticed any problems myself just updated homebridge and UI plugin yesterday.

So digging in a bit more:

I had a blind "stuck" at 16% open in home kit and it wasn't responding to button pushes (it was fully open). In the Hubitat GUI under the device I could issue the close command.

It seems to be hubitat itself that is broken...

When I used the device page to close the blind from fully open it closes... about 2 seconds into closing it updates the status with this but it hasn't finished closing yet:

Current States

• position : 78
  • switch : on
  • windowShade : partially open

Waited a minute refreshed the hubitat GUI -still showing the same state.

So I use the maker-api debug and of course its showing the same 78% open.
{"id":"6","name":"Device","label":"Office Blind","type":"Generic Z-Wave Shade","attributes":[{"name":"switch","currentValue":"on","dataType":"ENUM","values":["on","off"]},{"name":"windowShade","currentValue":"partially open","dataType":"ENUM","values":["opening","partially open","closed","open","closing","unknown"]},{"name":"position","currentValue":78,"dataType":"NUMBER"}],"capabilities":["Configuration","Actuator","Refresh","Switch",{"attributes":[{"name":"switch","dataType":null}]},"WindowShade",{"attributes":[{"name":"windowShade","dataType":null},{"name":"position","dataType":null}]}],"commands":["close","configure","off","on","open","refresh","setPosition","startPositionChange","stopPositionChange"]}

Why is hubitat updating the state so quickly but not again? Its like its stopped polling the device. This was working before the 2.2.6 update. Is there anyway to roll back?

Hmm, I also are having an issue after 2.2.6. I noticed it today when I couldn't open my garage door via Siri. Noticed that no devices where responding in the Home app.
Have to look into it a bit more but MakerAPI and Homebridge have worked flawless for a long time before 2.2.6. Not saying 2.2.6 is the cause but it sure feels like it...

UPDATE Rebooted my HE (once again) and local access is back but not remote. But that is a HomeKit issue and my ATV as HomeKit hub.

Yep, go into the hub UI and select settings and then backup and restore. From there you should be able to restore from one of the last five backups.

Now try restarting Homebridge.

Tried that already. Local access is lost again. I had it working for about 5 minutes that no response message from all devices.
The only change done is 2.2.6 update. Will try to get it working but otherwise I’m gonna try to go back to previous version and see if that works better.

I had the same experience. It worked OK after a hubitat reboot, definitely more responsive, but eventually gets to a state were it no longer updates the device states correctly which throws the maker-api off. It still will send commands and some hubitat devices will send push status out (I get homekit notices when I manually lock or unlock a door on a door with ZWave lock) but it otherwise just kinda stops responding in a timely manner.

FWIW I rolled back to a 2.2.4 backup and while it wasn't immediate after about an hour everything started working again. My blind states started updating correctly, so it was being handled by maker-api OK. Even on 2.24 it still is somewhat slow to respond at times.

One thing to note from my pasting above in 2.2.6 is that I am now getting my battery status but when its slow to respond so it will be missing until it fully opens or closes and it updates the states again, which it didn't seem to be doing at all in 2.2.6.

Could be an issue with driver -> I have bali/zebra blinds on FW 12.1 and used the generic z-wave driver though my zwave lock (an Schlage Connect) was also acting weird under 2.2.6 as well.

Current States

• position : 0
  • switch : off
  • windowShade : closed
  • battery : 100

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.